SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
‘19 t6 inscription silver/brown w/air, b&w, lux, polestar, 21’s, etc
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like our xc90 has sprung a small oil leak…noticed about 15-20 small oil drips on driveway under where we park the t6. It appears that the leak is on the passenger side of engine, just inboard of RF wheel, that leaves a drop or two each night. Are there any common points for these engines to start leaking externally?

Taking it in for 60k service next week along with some cpo warranty repairs (cracked engine mount, low speed clunk that could be caused by engine mount, occasional CarPlay glitch) and now adding the oil drip to the list.

Automotive tire Wood Road surface Asphalt Grey

· Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow great info…thanks! So if it is in fact the crank seal and timing belt has to be removed, is a new timing belt part of the repair, or might dealer try to re-install original timing belt? If it’s the latter I wouldn’t mind paying for the part to have a new belt put on but curious as to what is standard practice. Either way imagine it should be covered under cpo since this doesn’t fall under “oil consumption”.

Is there anything else I should have dealer repair/replace while in there? Serpentine belt perhaps? Car has 60k

· Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Much appreciated! Makes sense to replace the serpentine belt for only parts cost at 60k if it is in fact the crank seal leaking.

· Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update…ended up being oil filter housing so no free timing belt…oh well. But leak was covered, as were both engine mounts (got rid of my clunks), and was pleasantly surprised they covered the peeling/sharp chrome trim next to shifter under cpo. 60k service was performed under prepaid maintenance, but bill would have been a little over $900 (600 labor 300 parts) in the Bay Area. Have already covered the cost of ppd maintenance to 100k from steingold with 40-60k services.

Just reinforces my feelings toward the xc90…wonderful vehicle to own, but never without a warranty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts