SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size wrench do I need for the oil drain plug? (My wife has the car out of town so I can't check it but would like to get the correct wrench). Also, does anyone sell a magnetic drain plug for it?

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Our drain plug features an 11mm odymium rare earth magnet, which are one of the strongest magnets available. Our magentic drain plugs have a *very* strong magnetic pull. It eats standard magnetic drain plugs for breakfast :D
George, isn't most of the engine aluminum? What metal bits are you going to pick up with this creature?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, George, will it suck the pistons into the oil pan? Will cars that I attempt to pass on the highway get stuck to my passenger door?:D

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
George, isn't most of the engine aluminum? What metal bits are you going to pick up with this creature?
Neither the pistons, rods, crank, valves, nor bearings are aluminum.

Here's what our oil drain plug has picked up off an XC90 T6 engine:

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Neither the pistons, rods, crank, valves, nor bearings are aluminum.

Here's what our oil drain plug has picked up off an XC90 T6 engine:
Yikes, I think I would **** a brick if I saw that. Maybe it's best that I abide by the laws of "ignorance is bliss"

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know the answer to my first question? What size wrench do I need to remove the drain plug?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok thanks. And from what reading I've done, it should be a 6 point, right? Because the OEM head is rounded somewhat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts