SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 6-7 quarts of Rotella 15w-40 for free. I know what Volvo says to put i. The car is 5w-30. I've been running 0w-40 this summer. Any adverse effects on the switch to the heavier oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Drop in fuel economy
Hard cold starts
Increased oil pressure - could blow a seal/o-ring
Reduced flow - could cause lubrication issues
Increased oil aeration/foaming

This is just off of the top of my head. Not sure how this oil well perform in the engine, it's possible it may perform well, but I wouldn't use it.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't think so. Going back to 5w-30 for winter

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Just go buy a motorcycle so you can use it. :cool:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lmao wanna buy it for me? Made a rule for myself. Not buying a motorcycle until I'm at least 30. The way I drive Id be dead if I buy a bike at this age

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
HAHA That's a good plan! I'm quite satisfied I waited until I was 26 to buy one. I took a job much closer to my house. Part of the motivation to take the job was to be at a reasonable distance to ride the bike in all the time. Also, to further insulate myself, I bought a slow bike. It can still go fast enough to kill me, mind you, but it's not fast. If you're looking for a reasonably priced, slow (enough) cruiser, check out an early-mid 2000's Honda Shadow 750. The V-Twin has plenty of torque for rural cruising, is JUST fast enough that you could go on the highway with relative safety (not for hours and hours - it has to work too hard), but not so fast that in one gear you'll find yourself flying. I really think it's a great starter bike. Also, if you're going to get a bike, go to the classes! It's THE BEST way to practice in a controlled environment and get your license for free (assuming your state's got a system similar to PA).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts