SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to pass along a fairly good deal here in the states.

Advance Auto Parts is currently running a special wherein you get (1) Puralator BOSS Premium Oil Filter + (5) quarts of any synthetic oil (or conventional, or blend) for about $35. (prices vary a bit depending on what oil you choose - for instance, I selected Castrol Edge High Mileage @ $34/per bundle).
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/o/oil-change-specials

There's two ways to save depending on what you prefer. If you order online, there's a 25% coupon available.
If you go in-store, the 25% discount won't apply HOWEVER you'll get a better filter for your trouble.
The store will usually not carry the BOSS premium filter for a Volvo XC90, in which case ask the associate if they'll upgrade you to the K&N Performance Oil Filter. My store had no problem doing so and it's an even better filter than Mann, Mobil, etc.

I had the store ring up each bundle as a separate purchase so I could receive a free filter with each.
Total bill: $145 after taxes, and I have at least the next 3 oil changes fully covered. That's not bad at all. :thumbup:

*Also, if you need some cheapy car wash, wax, tire shine, etc. 2/$10 - 4/$20 sale on limited Megiaurs, Armor All, Turtle Wax, Eagle 1 products. I picked up their Meg's car wash soap and hot shine tire wet. Also picked up the new Ceramic Wax Spray for $14.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Pretty cool. I usually wait for Costco to sell there 6 pack of mobil 1 on sale.

2010 xc90 3.2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
2008 XC90 3.2
1,298 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
looks like the Mobil1 rebate is for Advanced Auto Parts as well. So it'd be $35 - 17? = $18 for filter (for my non-volvo cars) + 5 qts of M1. In addition, since I know y'all are on Slickdeals, Chase Sapphire Reserve card is offering another 10% off total bill, so this entire thing should only be $15 for oil + filter. Now, which oil filter should I stock up on, if not for the VR, is my question. Either the Prius or the Miata?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
If you read the thread in the rebate link some posters are saying Walmart works even though it's not listed in the retailers list. I may give this a try since I've gone completely to Walmart online now w/free shipping for all our oil, no better way to meet the needs of four oil thirsty cars. Seems like I'm always changing oil lol. And screw Advanced/Autozone with their stupid "have to to get the free filter to get the deal" ... I don't need your stinkin' filter :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
8,700 Posts
Walmart definitely works. Amazon specifically does not this year. The rebate can be used in conjunction with the AAP deal.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's currently the annual Mobil 1 rebate time:
https://slickdeals.net/f/12986812-mobil-1-motor-oil-and-filter-rebates-up-to-17-off

I only use OEM oil filters, so the filter part of the rebate doesn't help me, but I bought four of the 5 Qt jugs from Walmart and entered my $12 rebates for each of them.
Well hold on now. I never knew of the $12 Mobile rebate. I may have to do some arithmetic later tonight.

The rebate can be used in conjunction with the AAP deal.
Sadly, Advanced is not on the list of participating retailers - otherwise I'd be backing the truck up to the place and emptying the warehouse. $25/XC90 oil change bundles would be an incredible deal.
https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/mobil-1-rebate-2019#

Edit: When I put my zip code in the "Find participating stores" search bar, my local AAP shows up along with a link to the offer in the results engine in the address to the store location.
However, on the participating retailer webpage on Mobil's site, AAP is not listed.

Conflicting information. Going to need call Mobil rebate hotline for more detail. Will update post with what I find out after speaking with them. Standby...

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
lol some of us also drive non-volvos. Thanks op! 10 more qts enroute.
Blasphemy !!!!!!

No, I get it, but I've never had much luck with AZ even when we had our Mazda van and they didn't have the filter for it most of time. Even with all Volvo's when I say "ok, give me the Volvo filter" they don't have that either, so I just grab any filter and toss it in the trash. That's why I like Walmart and with free shipping I don't even have to go there :)

·
Super Moderator
8,700 Posts
Sadly, Advanced is not on the list of participating retailers - otherwise I'd be backing the truck up to the place and emptying the warehouse. $25/XC90 oil change bundles would be an incredible deal.
https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/mobil-1-rebate-2019#

Edit: When I put my zip code in the "Find participating stores" search bar, my local AAP shows up along with a link to the offer in the results engine in the address to the store location.
However, on the participating retailer webpage on Mobil's site, AAP is not listed.

Conflicting information. Going to need call Mobil rebate hotline for more detail. Will update post with what I find out after speaking with them. Standby...
The list they publish is not all inclusive. For those of us who track this deal every single year, it's pretty standard to order from a store which isn't included and it works no problem. In the past few years, they stopped accepting Amazon and have now made that an explicit change. AAP and Walmart are significant enough that if they were not included, I think they'd be called out. You won't have any problem doing an AAP deal.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Do a search but I believe NAPA synthetic oil is made by Valvoline.
I have used NAPA synthetic in my BMWs and Volvos for 10 years, zero issues.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The list they publish is not all inclusive. For those of us who track this deal every single year, it's pretty standard to order from a store which isn't included and it works no problem. In the past few years, they stopped accepting Amazon and have now made that an explicit change. AAP and Walmart are significant enough that if they were not included, I think they'd be called out. You won't have any problem doing an AAP deal.
Noted. Thanks for the information. When I called Mobil's rebate hotline, their answer was "we don't know - go to the store and ask if they have a rebate pad."
I laughed. How doesn't a company have an index of what retailers are certified to participate? I can understand small businesses and local independents slipping through the cracks, but not large nationwide retailers.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do a search but I believe NAPA synthetic oil is made by Valvoline.
I have used NAPA synthetic in my BMWs and Volvos for 10 years, zero issues.
Did some searching, and yes, many are in agreement.
NAPA house brand is Valvoline / Ashland.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts