SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I noticed some oil around the fog light grill. I looked under the car and it was on the sub frame and all around the fog light housing. The last time this happened it was from the angle gear. I had that fixed in February. I cant imagine that there is still oil under there after driving the car around for about 3-4 months. <p>Any Ideas??

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: Oil around passenger side fog light? (BigG)

Are you sure it's oil? I've heard of power steering fluid leaking on that side due to faulty clamps or leaking hoses. I hope that's it, and not an angle gear. You could also check the oil filter housing and make sure it's not leaking and maybe finding it's way to the fog light grill.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Oil around passenger side fog light? (BigG)

Power steering hose most likely. Thats where they leak. P/S Reservoir leak is usually a little further back about mid frame on teh cradle.<p>BTW, That hose is not an easy fix. Quite the PITA!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Oil around passenger side fog light? (T5 for Life)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>T5 for Life</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you sure it's oil? I've heard of power steering fluid leaking on that side due to faulty clamps or leaking hoses. I hope that's it, and not an angle gear. You could also check the oil filter housing and make sure it's not leaking and maybe finding it's way to the fog light grill.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>It does look like PS fluid...I juts had the car in the shop for a oil change and brake fluid flush so it also could be brake fluid if they were being sloppy. Im still under warranty so back to the shop it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts