SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 xc70. My front brakes are really squealing upon braking. I figured I would just replace the pads, as they are worn. What pads are recommended? What precautions can I take to prevent further SQUEALING?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
2006 xc70. My front brakes are really squealing upon braking. I figured I would just replace the pads, as they are worn. What pads are recommended? What precautions can I take to prevent further SQUEALING?
Sounds like you just hit the squeal pad, they are on most brake pads to let you know when they are worn out. Akebono is good if you don't like brake dust, but they don't perform as well as the OEM ones.

·
Registered
17,020 Posts
Volvo brakes don't typically have any indicators. Better check to make sure you have ample pad left. Hope it's not metal on metal...
I bought an OEM kit (rotors and all) from FCP and used the plastic? brake grease on the backs of the pads, and zero noise.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Volvo brakes don't typically have any indicators. Better check to make sure you have ample pad left. Hope it's not metal on metal...
I bought an OEM kit (rotors and all) from FCP and used the plastic? brake grease on the backs of the pads, and zero noise.
Didn't know that, I'll have to check mine now ha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts