SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out tonight to start the car, did and saw that one of my license plate lights was dim. Looked and found this. Euro Sport Tuning Bulbs.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Well then, it's a good thing they aren't overpriced!

Oh wait.....

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Rolling Rock is great beer. That light is done.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Looks just like a typical cheap LED bulb and works just the same it seems :D

·
Registered
753 Posts
LOL....
Sorry have to laugh at this.
People were so obscess about these vendors and just buy what ever they sell even they are well over priced.
They kept saying how these LEDs are different than the eBay ones.
At least my ebay one worked for over 2 years and i paid $6 for them.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Well damn, that sucks. I've been running the same size LED bulb, but mine came from superbrightleds.com... Hope the same sh*t won't happen to me lol..

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Those look like ebay type leds.. Thats why I only trust superbrightleds and autolumination bulbs.. Every bulb from other places has failed me.. I've spent a lot of money on leds and non have been brighter or more reliable than those two places..

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I bought my license plate bulbs for 99 cents on ebay with free shipping! And they're insanely bright. They've been great for months now.That's why I didn't understand why everyone was buying these ridiculously priced LEDs...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I bought my license plate bulbs for 99 cents on ebay with free shipping! And they're insanely bright. They've been great for months now.That's why I didn't understand why everyone was buying these ridiculously priced LEDs...
Bought mine from V-LEDs.com. They were about $17 for the pair when they first came out. They have a heat sink that prevents them from overheating. Now they are $25 for the pair which is crazy. Here's the LINK if anyone want to check them out. Brightest bulb I've ever had for my plates. But $25 now is a little too much I think.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Bought mine from V-LEDs.com. They were about $17 for the pair when they first came out. They have a heat sink that prevents them from overheating. Now they are $25 for the pair which is crazy. Here's the LINK if anyone want to check them out. Brightest bulb I've ever had for my plates. But $25 now is a little too much I think.
I had them on my wrx :) if I remember correctly, I paid 12.99 for them. I agree that they are very very bright. So bright in fact that the top of my license plate put out a crazy glare at night and I had to put the license plate tint over it

·
Registered
337 Posts
Went out tonight to start the car, did and saw that one of my license plate lights was dim. Looked and found this. Euro Sport Tuning Bulbs.
I'm glad to see that EuroSportTuning continues to offer poor quality LED bulbs, just like they offer poor quality catalytic converters on their Chinese downpipes :rolleyes:

Remove all your LEDs and return them to EST under their return policy.

It amazes me that people continue to fall for these types of "deals" from EST.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Problem is EST license plate and vanity mirror LED light bulbs do not fit. Bulbs are too long and are sitting tight against the lens when installed. You get little moisture in there and boom, light bulb is gone.
Yes, yes, I was one of those that purchased them. I replaced them with cheap eBay bulbs, but those failed within two weeks. Now I have a mix of V-LEDs and Superbrightleds bulbs installed, which are expensive too but I am happy with them.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Bigger question is why is everyone so hell bent on having a brightly lit license plate ? Some states won't let you alter those lights, I personally would rather leave well enough alone and keep my money for mods that matter.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Bigger question is why is everyone so hell bent on having a brightly lit license plate ? Some states won't let you alter those lights, I personally would rather leave well enough alone and keep my money for mods that matter.
Well it's a matter of personal preference. The way I see it, it adds class, and in some cases, lead people into thinking that your car is a late model year. I have had so many people sit in my 06 R and think that it just came off the Volvo lot. ;)

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I have the same led's from them and if that happens to mine they will be getting a letter from my lawyer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts