SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's now official, we are having a meet on Aug 18th from 10am - 2pm at the dealership.

I have worked with our local VCOA chapter to make this happen. One of my goals is to make this an annual meet. We are going to be selling food and drinks for a small price and try and raise some money so we can have a bigger and better show next year. my hope next year is to have some money for a "best of show" award.

i am still working out some details. but the basic show is set.

we have an aftermarket installer (tint etc) in our building and i am hoping he will be willing to run some specials

i am hoping for a parts discount for the day from our dealership

we are trying to get a cruise together for 2pm after the meet to go someplace scenic for some group pictures.

i hope we get a great turnout.

Thanks, Shane

if you have any questions let me know [email protected]

address:
Lehman Volvo
950 North Hills Rd.
York, Pa. 17402

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so.... if nobody is interested i dont think this is going to happen.... i hope we get some people to sign up for this.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I'm interested. My car is 99% stock... But this is a nice excuse for a short road trip from Suburban Philly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll be there. Looking forward to seeingslome nice volvos

·
6,436 Posts
So how big will this meet be? The last one I attended back in 2008 was about 50 cars
has anyone signed up for this? I dont want to drive all the way from NYC to an empty lot

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
So how big will this meet be? The last one I attended back in 2008 was about 50 cars
has anyone signed up for this? I dont want to drive all the way from NYC to an empty lot
I didn't see any formal sign up but I'm planning on being there. So that's one OSD, almost-stock, 2012 S60 T5, that will be there.

·
6,436 Posts
The last time we had a huge sign-up list and it was marketed better. People drove there from as far as Chicago.
If you want this to be an annual thing, you've got to spruce it up

also, make it a bit later in the fall - summers can be hot and lots of people chose to stay home instaed

·
Registered
710 Posts
Speaking of fall, I think a friday night edgewater meet is in order....

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am in. So far i ve requested off that weekend . Will be taking my 01 V70. Any official picture invite that I can spread the word for any Volvophils in Wilmington, DE / Northern MD / SE PA ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The last time we had a huge sign-up list and it was marketed better. People drove there from as far as Chicago.
If you want this to be an annual thing, you've got to spruce it up

also, make it a bit later in the fall - summers can be hot and lots of people chose to stay home instaed
i agree, i should have maybe done more. but if you would like to help the next time it would love some help.

the meet is still on. and i hope we can have a meet to build on in the future.

do we want to make a roll call sheet ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Which side of the dealership should I park ? is it visible from the road with for the meets ?
coming in from Wilmington DE - Lancaster PA .. is 30 W okay with traffic or PA Tpk is better to the destination ?

Thanks

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Which side of the dealership should I park ? is it visible from the road with for the meets ?
coming in from Wilmington DE - Lancaster PA .. is 30 W okay with traffic or PA Tpk is better to the destination ?

Thanks
Turnpike will take you out of the way. Stick to 30W; at least from Lancaster to York.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Gonna try to make it up from Baltimore, Won't know till Friday though.

tapa tapa tapa

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Thanks
yep, rt30 would be the best way. the meet will be on the north side of dealership, should eb able to see from the road. it will depend how much new cars i can move to make room.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts