SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

561 - 580 of 581 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
After tinting and emblem dipping, it's finally time to share the new wagon! 2021 V90 R-Design with every box ticked. It unfortunately doesn’t look look like it in this light, but Platinum Grey is satisfyingly brown in bright light. The closest we can get in the States without Maple Brown

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just washed all of the pollen off, turning the car from translucent green back to Crystal White. It will probably look like crap by tomorrow…

·
Registered
655 Posts
2018 V90 R Design T5

·
Registered
100 Posts
After tinting and emblem dipping, it's finally time to share the new wagon! 2021 V90 R-Design with every box ticked. It unfortunately doesn’t look look like it in this light, but Platinum Grey is satisfyingly brown in bright light. The closest we can get in the States without Maple Brown View attachment 126364 View attachment 126365 View attachment 126366
I'm considering ordering platinum grey for my XC60 order. I like the brown tint in the sunlight. Hard to find one locally to check out in person. It looks almost black in most photos I've seen that aren't direct sunlight. How would you describe it?

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
What is the plate number for the German plate? I lived there once upon a time.
Have had it so long, I can’t remember. It was on one German car after another and then I bought another Volvo. I guess that I should look for a Swedish plate on eBay….

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm considering ordering platinum grey for my XC60 order. I like the brown tint in the sunlight. Hard to find one locally to check out in person. It looks almost black in most photos I've seen that aren't direct sunlight. How would you describe it?
Here’s an album of random pictures in more direct light:

It’s still grey at the end of the day, but there’s almost a gunmetal tinge to it. In a way it’s almost a combination of a dark grey with the bronze-ness of pebble grey. I was curious to try it being one of the newest colors and since Pebble wasn’t an option for V90 at the time.

Even if it’s not always showing much brown, it’s one of the most interesting colors (relatively) that Volvo’s put out recently

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here’s an album of random pictures in more direct light:

It’s still grey at the end of the day, but there’s almost a gunmetal tinge to it. In a way it’s almost a combination of a dark grey with the bronze-ness of pebble grey. I was curious to try it being one of the newest colors and since Pebble wasn’t an option for V90 at the time.

Even if it’s not always showing much brown, it’s one of the most interesting colors (relatively) that Volvo’s put out recently
Thanks! I think I like the color. I'm going to try to see it in person but I've only found one car, an s90, around me and it's a decent drive just to see a color.

Your description was helpful too. Confirmed what I thought I was seeing. It's almost too dark without direct sunlight but that could be interesting as well.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Clayed, polished, ceramic coating...and de-badged
IMG_20210602_080526453_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210602_080553531_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210602_080431882_HDR.jpg

Reactions: adaone

·
Registered
2019 V90 T5 R-Design P*
39 Posts
This was a fun one -- my V90 crossing the Chowan River (NC) on a cable-driven ferry -- only three of them left in the state, and I'm going to ride all 3 this year!

561 - 580 of 581 Posts