SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://support.volvocars.com/forum/...-upgrade-of-sensus.aspx?MessageID=297#post297

The upgrade provides you with access to new functions and improvements, amongst other things:
• Apple CarPlay functionality
• Real-time traffic (RTTI) in 42 countries
• New apps - including Pandora, Yelp, and Find Parking (availability dependent on market)
• New markets with support for voice control
• New and improved map format that gives the option for more in-depth detail (map installation part of upgrade)
• New filter function for free-text search for address input
• Improved system performance and stability
• Improved performance for voice control
• Improved navigation functions
• Improved performance for DAB radio
• Modifications for a problem that may give wrong positioning in the navigation system
• Rectifies a problem where SiriusXM radio stations disappear/are greyed out
• Modifications for a problem that may lead to a pop-up for seat adjustment being shown intermittently
• Improved reception for keyless locking/unlocking
• Improved Bluetooth performance and compatibility for certain devices
• Modifications for a problem where WiFi-hotspot sometimes does not start

Improvements to the Volvo On Call app
At the same time, new and improved functionality is being introduced for the Volvo On Call app. Make sure you update the app to the latest version in order to have access to the following improvements:
•Engine remote start (ERS) with Apple Watch 2.0
•Remote unlocking with Apple Watch 2.0
•Universal Windows 10 app which includes Volvo On Call desktop
•Support for Android M (6.0)
•TouchID support for iPhone

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Well. Can hold out hope until it actually gets here but I'll be the first to say this is disappointing. No mention of missing features like drivers profiles or easy ingress. It's a long list but just doesn't seem that exciting.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It definitely doesn't include Driver's Profile. I confirmed that with Volvo. They do say they are still working on it so it hasn't been abandoned.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I love my car but would not be surprised if this becomes a bit of an issue. Plus, as many have been saying and I am feeling more and more aligned with this view, it's kind of ridiculous that we've had to wait so long for what is seeming just fixing a few bugs. Not impressed!

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's good mohave a list like this. Thank you Volvo.

I did not see the radio activation problem with opening the front doors. I hope it will be fixed with the update under "improved system performance and stability"

·
Registered
702 Posts
No mention of missing features like...easy ingress.
What exactly were you hoping for in terms of "easy ingress"? There is no power steering wheel adjustment on the new XC90, we have always known this and it is not something which could have been addressed by a software update. Perhaps this will be added as a feature in an upcoming model year, but if it is reason to be critical of this update then your expectations may have been unrealistic in the first place.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Oh yeah don't worry they "improved" everything. Ha I'm so mad right now! Seriously hope this update is better than it sounds.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
What exactly were you hoping for in terms of "easy ingress"? There is no power steering wheel adjustment on the new XC90, we have always known this and it is not something which could have been addressed by a software update. Perhaps this will be added as a feature in an upcoming model year, but if it is reason to be critical of this update then you're expectations were unrealistic in the first place.
I mean specifically the easy ingress/egress feature described in the manual. It would be nice if it included the steering wheel but I am aware that my steering wheel is not powered. It would still be useful for the seat to automatically shift to an easy ingress position. I'm way more bummed about missing driver profiles since that had really seemed a cornerstone of the new sensus experience.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think there are still a lot of unknowns as there are so many general statements. I think until Nov 23rd, we will not know how good or bad the update is.

Oh yeah don't worry they "improved" everything. Ha I'm so mad right now! Seriously hope this update is better than it sounds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They are fixing the two issues that I have (greyed out SiriusXM channels and intermitten seat adjustment screen), so I'm satisfied. What's the "Driver profile" thing?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Did I missed something?
Nobody experienced the update yet, and already complaining...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
674 Posts
"Real-time traffic (RTTI) in 42 countries" does that mean it never had real time traffic? Does it auto-re-route around traffic?
I thought it did. It definitely shows congestion. Perhaps we already had this feature here, and the U.S. is not one of the "42 countries" they are referring to. While I'm excited for the update, I can't deny that I'm extremely disappointed that profiles still isn't happening. This is such an important feature on a vehicle with so many options that can be customized.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Did I missed something?
Nobody experienced the update yet, and already complaining...... :rolleyes:
Hahaha I know I know I'm sorry. Can't help it. Yes, I am already bummed out. I'm not nearly as hopeful about this update as I was yesterday. Absolutely we will all have to wait and see. It just doesn't sound like much of a change. Besides fixing bugs, which should have been pushed over the air immediately, this just doesn't seem like much of anything new. Any new content like apps and maps are potentially made redundant by CarPlay, which itself is looking underwhelming to me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah, pretty sad they still can't nail that feature. Love that when I picked up my car, my dealer was explaining how the car had that feature and somehow these guys still can't figure it out. Perhaps they should have used those billions to hire another engineer or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
it looks like this is a Sensus update only, does not seem to have any updates for driveability such as steering or transmission.
Not that I was expecting.

My dealer said I will have all the updates including Carplay (no mention of extra costs) when my vehicle arrives (in USA)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts