SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Official Introduction to Forum and Photoshoot!!

Hey Guys I am finally getting around to introduce myself now that i have some decent pics of "Heide" to Share. My name is Myles I am from Rapid City SD and I drive a 2005 Volvo V50 T5 AWD (aka Heide) I have been on the forum for a little while and have enjoyed the community and all the helpful replies you guys give. I got my car in march of this year and it was bone stock with 59000 miles on her. So far I have done 20% all around tinted windows, 17" Sparco Assetto Gara Gold Wheels, k&n airfilter, ipd tcv, dubstop debadged front grill, debadged rear hatch, revo technica boost gauge, davebarton.com prancing moose emblems and of course a sweet swedespeed.com sticker for the rear glass. I am really enjoying the car and am planning on keeping her for a long time. so without further adou sp? here she is!!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Welcome a board!
I like some of the pics you did . . .

Just a tip: Wether you plan to do some trim mods or not in the mean time you should get yourself some "forever black"
http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Black...&qid=1339990425&sr=1-5&keywords=forever+black

It's perfect for our black cars :thumbup:
That's what I did (check my sig pics), it cleans up the trims quite well without much cost or effort... it looks much better than the OE grey trim look especially on a black car!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome a board!
I like some of the pics you did . . .

Just a tip: Wether you plan to do some trim mods or not in the mean time you should get yourself some "forever black"
http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Black...&qid=1339990425&sr=1-5&keywords=forever+black

It's perfect for our black cars :thumbup:
That's what I did (check my sig pics), it cleans up the trims quite well without much cost or effort... it looks much better than the OE grey trim look especially on a black car!
Thanks I was gonna ask you guys what you use to keep that clean seems like wax loves to stick to it and never come off. I will order a bottle right now!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh btw how long will the forever black last? just curious

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Oh btw how long will the forever black last? just curious
It last very well. I re-did it after almost two years just because I wanted to look new again and once you've done it once very thoroughly the next time is just maintenance...
It covers the wax marks too :D

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
...needs to be done every time though:
Really?! and I though I was picky ;)
If you clean and de-grease the trim well before applying it you shouldn't have to put some every-time you wash your car. Mine holds very well between wash.
The biggest reason I put some more is because of waxing spills...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Fantastic start. Any other plans? I would love to see your 50 sittin low!
Man i would love to drop it I saw an audi a3 yesterday with 18's dropped it looked so fresh, my only dilemma is living in south dakota we quit often get 12" dumps of snow plus for some reason our crazy high taxes don't go to fixing the roads so needless to say i am kinda reluctant to drop it cause i don't wanna rip my front bumper off, hmm maybe a mild drop though, just spings? which company would you recommend?

as far as other plans i either want to do an intake with a samco hose or just leave stock box and do the elevate intake pipe. also want to chip it and do a downpipe and exhaust. thinking of changing the fogs to v-leds.com led fog bulbs, strut bar and sway bar and some eyebrows for the headlights and i am sure some more stuff i can't stand having the same car as anyone else so i love the mods. my last car was an 08 scion xb that i had about $3500 into before i sold it, kinda got crap gas mileage for being a 4cyl fwd so i went with the turbo awd Volvo plus you just cant beat a euro car for quality and luxury.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
congrats & welcome. always great to see another v50 awd on the forums.
springs - nothing but positive reviews from the folks that have purchased either the eibachs or the elevate blues. take a peek at the classified section here. every so often someone that is upgrading to coilovers will list their springs for sale and you can get them on the cheap.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
congrats & welcome. always great to see another v50 awd on the forums.
springs - nothing but positive reviews from the folks that have purchased either the eibachs or the elevate blues. take a peek at the classified section here. every so often someone that is upgrading to coilovers will list their springs for sale and you can get them on the cheap.
is it just me or is there not very much stuff in the classifieds for the p1 platform? seems like everything is either v70 or s60 :(

but if someone has a set of used springs they want to get rid of hit me up i am interested if the price is right!!

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
is it just me or is there not very much stuff in the classifieds for the p1 platform? seems like everything is either v70 or s60 :(

but if someone has a set of used springs they want to get rid of hit me up i am interested if the price is right!!
Look at the number of posts in the sub-forums... The Rs have a LOT more postings than the S40/V50 section does. Most C30s are over at C30World and none of the other Volvos really scream to be modded and frequent forum members; they're more of grocery hauling family cars. But occasionally you will see P1 things pop up. Just be patient and you can get everything you've ever wanted off classifieds.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Awd is hard to get low. But in your case it may not be a bad thing. I have hr springs on a fwd car and it's nearly as low as awd on coolers spun al the way down. Coilovers are nice because you can go up and down as needed. Spendy but nice.
The roads here in Oregon are not much better honestly. Seems like once a year I get my alignment knocked out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments guys, good to hear!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just added a typhoon intake now she growls!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while cruising the V50

1 - 19 of 19 Posts