SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
The POLESTAR cars arent the same color if that's what you are comparing it to.
Have you seen the real color in person????
Johann is correct. The actual Rebel Blue color is lighter than how it is depicted in the picture above.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Beautiful color, would have picked this blue over Caspian Blue if I had the chance. Makes the car look more sport-styled instead of luxury-styled.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i think it looks good in this picture,but darker then other pics. i have seen.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
It is the new font we started using with all MY13s.
Smart move! Very nice font (or is it typeface?) With the old it was very difficult to distinguish a 6 from an 8 (even up pretty close). This should help a lot with model recognition:thumbup:

I like the color in the brochure MUCH better! Was never a big fan of baby blue.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It is the new font we started using with all MY13s.
Darn it! Now I'll have to trade in my 2012 so I can get the new fonts! I wonder if Volvo will offer an upgrade to 2011 and 2012 owners.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Geeky graphic designer chiming in.

It's a new typeface they used (font is the digital mechanism (technical), typeface refers to the design (art)). I like it, very nice look. Although IMHO they could kern the "T" and "6" a little tighter to match the "AWD".

The reason the blue is so different in Percy311's scan is the path that photo took to get here: actual car paint/continuous tone made from pigments -> digital photo/RGB screen of pixels -> printed brochure/CMYK screen -> scan/back to RGB -> viewed on various browsers with various monitors using different calibrations.

I like the Polestar Blue on my Polestar emblem. If that's the color of the new paint I might have selected it when I bought my 2012 R-Design.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts