SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My S60 is at the dealer today and tomorrow to replace my front passenger seat for leather that's discoloring on the lower side bolster (loving the customer service I'm receiving from Volvo NA - THANK YOU!!!) and to get a slight left pull at 55+ MPH looked at before I install new rubber on Thursday (after much research, I'm going with the Kumho Ecsta 4X). I asked my service rep to see if he could secure me with an XC60 as a loaner, since I wanted to try one out (I've had S60s and XC90s, but no XC60s). Lo and behold, I got a 2012 XC60 T6 AWD in seashell metallic (the color is beautiful!). Thank you, Barrington Volvo and specifically Konrad!!

WOW...talk about an awesome vehicle! Very quiet, the engine note is SO refined and does that T6 have grunt!! Love the interior ergonomics, though the center armrest could be a little higher. I actually like the S60's steering wheel better, but I'm being picky. The rear room on the XC is impressive. The standard stereo in the XC sounds better, IMO (more bass). The exterior design is elegant and sexy. I think I know exactly what my next vehicle will be (if they don't bring over the XC40).

I'm in love with this XC (just don't tell my copper S60 beauty)... :D

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Hi Steve...tell Konrad I said "hi"!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Guessing by the T6 grunt statement that you own a T5?

The Polestar tune adds even more grunt if you can imagine

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grecian - Will do!!

shaneous - Yeah, I have the T5. More power than I need, but after driving the T6 in the XC, I appreciate the T6's smoothness at WOT and at idle.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Drive a Polestar'd T6 and you'll be surprised at what it does to the T6.

Any RD model will do

·
Registered
41 Posts
Steve, who did you contact regarding the front seat replacement? I'm having a similar issue on my driver front seat

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Henry - I went through the dealer I bought the car from (in this case, Barrington Volvo in Barrington, IL). They took pics of the seats and (I believe) sent them to Volvo NA reps for them to look at. It took a little while, but in the end I ended up with new front seats.

I can't be more pleased with the service I received...

·
Registered
248 Posts
what's the mileage on the XC?

and does it meet passenger car, not TRUCK, emissions standards?

don't care?
I do.

·
Registered
837 Posts
XC is rated at 19 city, 25 Hwy
I wish. XC60:

3.2 - 18 city / 24 highway
T6 - 17 city / 23 highway

We average between 19 and 20 (probably closer to 19) on our 2012 XC60 T6 RD.

·
Registered
41 Posts
last Friday afternoon I went in for the 7,500 mile service, I spoke with the service rep regarding the driver's seat bolster leather discoloration. The guy took a photo of the issue and sent it off to Volvo NA. I got a call from the service rep this morning - 2 working days later with the news that VNA had approved replacement. Great customer service thus far!! (knocking on wood)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
last Friday afternoon I went in for the 7,500 mile service, I spoke with the service rep regarding the driver's seat bolster leather discoloration. The guy took a photo of the issue and sent it off to Volvo NA. I got a call from the service rep this morning - 2 working days later with the news that VNA had approved replacement. Great customer service thus far!! (knocking on wood)
Uh oh...did I create a monster for VNA? :wave:

Glad to hear you're receiving the same great service I did!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts