SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time user of the forums here, please be patient...

I have a new (to me) 2005 s40 t5 with factory xenon headlights. The driver's side refuses to work...
the ballast and igniter's are ok (tested with passenger side parts) and the bulb is good (new).

I can disconnect the entire passenger assembly and plug it in the driver's side - all works, no problems

However the driver's assembly will not allow the xenon low beam to turn on (halogen hi's)

So, I have concluded it's something (other than bulb or ingniter, because I swapped these l to r and they worked in the other assembly) inside the housing for the light.

Any directions on where to look or what to look for?

Help?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Do you get any signal to the plug? I mean, can be that there is some kind of interruption there.

Remove your headlight and see if you can plug the entire light in on the other side. If that works, your light isn't getting a signal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Daim,

It doesn't work on the other side either, but the one from the other side works on both sides. It's something inside the headlamp assembly itself, I believe.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey there alapbs...fellow Maritimer!! Just dropped on this thread. Did you manage to fix this issue? I'm getting something somewhat similar although it works intermittently.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Moisture coming into the headlamp assembly because of bad sealing often causes such issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had similar problems with my 04 S60. I replaced the ballast and bulbs but have started to have the same problem again (flickering low beam). I think the igniter may be the problem...how difficult is it to remove/replace the igniter? Do I have to take apart the whole headlight assembly?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts