SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '05 XC70 has satellite prep package and I'd like to add sat radio. Volvo lists the part # as 30772261, but of course it's hella expensive new.

I've found a couple on ebay, but they are different part #'s. For example, there is one for $120 shipped, but it shows part # 30737800. Would this work?

Plan B for me is to go aftermarket, but I would like to keep my dash/console a little bit less busy (I'm a gadget freak-phone, GPS, Ultraguage, etc).

·
Registered
8,698 Posts
that will work but you should keep an eye out for cheaper ones.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reading! Which one will work, the 30737800? How do know it will work? I've scoured the internets for some sort of cross reference and didn't come with anything. How do you find one cheaper?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
564 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but could you tell me how you found out that your XC70 has Sirius prep?? How did you check?

I've been trying to find this out for my XC90, but to no avail...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem-I'm the second owner, but I still have the original window sticker which shows it. To confirm, where the Sirius and external CD changer go (in the 70, it's near the driver's taillight in the rear cargo are), I found the end of the Melbus cable that connects to either. Also, I pulled the factory stereo to install the iMIV and there was the other end of the melbus cable connected there.

I believe sat radio prep is just that cable (melbus) run to the back of the car from the radio. You still need the Sirius tuner, power to it, the sat antenna and of course the melbus cable going to the head unit.

·
Registered
8,698 Posts
yep that's it. you are paying for the cable and the ease of them to run it while the carpet is out. well you didn't but someone did. It is a desireable option when buying used obviously. i wouldn't even call it sat prep, more like, cable to head unit prep....cause it is used by everything connecting from the back. Nice thing about MELBUS though is how you can chain things easily.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thank you very much!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts