SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you advice me to get iMIV or any other adapter - I know the other ones are better, but this is what I have now, and will not get anything else unless/until this one breaks. :)

The adapter has been connecting fine before but all of a sudden it stopped. Normally I can shift between the CD6 and 10CDchanger (I think it is called). If the iPod is not connected it will just say "Not connected" or something.

Now when pressing CD button twice it is doing nothing. The dash CD changer is the only option - i.e. I can only listen to CD's.

What could be wrong?

Note that my car is a 2006, so the adapter is whatever version was available then.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Have you tried pulling the power to the ipod adapter?
It sounds like the HU isn't seeing it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried pulling the power to the ipod adapter?
It sounds like the HU isn't seeing it.
How do I do that, where is the unit located? The only thing I can see is the cord coming out under the lid in mid console between the seats.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
If you have Nav , it's in the driver side trunk wheel well. If not, it's probably behind the HU.

BTW I have a working unit if yours went bad I'd be willing to sell.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just a reminder. If you pull the CCM, do not disconnect the two green plugs from it unless you have disconnected the car battery negative as well. Otherwise, you will get an SRS warning light. I believe the guides on this website warn about this.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a reminder. If you pull the CCM, do not disconnect the two green plugs from it unless you have disconnected the car battery negative as well. Otherwise, you will get an SRS warning light. I believe the guides on this website warn about this.
Why would I need to pull the CCM to disconnect the iPod adapter?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Strange but positive - the iPod adapter decided to start working again, just all of a sudden. I did not do anything. The stereo recognizes it again. I think it went for some days of PTO.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
DO NOT pull the head unit to get to the Volvo iPod adapter.

The adapter lives in the trunk (NAV or not) on the left rear wheel well, its white and has a green power connector. To get to it you open the trunk and pull off the left side carpet stuff and you'll see it clear as day.

I would first reboot your iPod then power cycle the adapter if this occurs again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts