SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search and picked up some discussion of the older OEM round hitch mount and a discussion of the Draw-Tite hitch. Has anyone installed the new 2'' square OEM trailer hitch (standard on the Ocean Race edition)? In particular, I am looking for a hitch where the cross bar is more hidden than the Draw-Tite. For those who have installed, (i) how easy/difficult; and (ii) how is the quality (I'm only using it for very light duty bike transportation).<P>Any pictures would be great.<BR>Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
528 Posts
While I'm not familiar with the new 2" square hitch, I'm all too familiar with all the other choices. Check out my trials and tribulations from last year:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.darelldd.com/volvo/tow_hitch.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.darelldd.com/volvo/tow_hitch.htm</A> <P>

·
Registered
528 Posts
Reall well, my friend!<P>In fact, I'll soon have my SECOND EV parked in the garage. We'll be leasing a Rav4EV as well. The best news? (and trying desperately to stay on topic...) the accessories like <B>trailer hitches</B> from the standard Rav will fit the EV. So YAY - I'll be able to tow my trailer again.<P>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is there just one square OEM trailer hitch for the XC70/V70, and is it 2"? The square trailer hitch displayed in the Volvo accessory book does not have any information about what size it is. Basically wondering if anyone knows if there is a 2" hitch available for 2002 V70s. When I did searches for after market trailer hitches they seemed to only offer 1 1/4" square hitches, I would prefer 2" if it could go on my V70 since I have a bike rack that fits a 2" hitch.<P>Thanks,<BR>dgriffith<BR>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The square OEM Volvo hitch is 2". I believe it is a class III hitch, but you can do a search of this forum for the specifics. While the Volvo hitch is more expensive, I could only find aftermarket 1-1/4" hitches. However, you can always go with the aftermarket hitch and purchase an adapter for your bike rack. For me, I was looking for a hitch which was primarily behind the bumper. The after market hitches did not meet this need.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Re: Trailer Hitches

A little CPR for this year old thread. I'm waiting for a V70R to arrive June/July. Has anyone installed the Hidden Hitch (etrailer.com). It looks to be like the Da'lan hitch. If you did install it on an 01-03 V70, does it require cutting the plastic bumper?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just finished installing one on my 2003 V70 T5.<p>It was a breeze to install. No, it didn't require any cutting of the plastic bumper.<p>Don't expect it to be "hidden" though. The round crossbar is not quite as visible as the square Drawtite or D'Lan hitches but it's still pretty obvious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts