SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was talking to the GM and the parts department. I was looking for some Bursting Blue OEM touchup paint and was told Volvo had not sent them any and that it was either fact or rumor (not really sure) that Volvo wasn't even going to make it. This sounds super odd. They are making it for all other colors... why wouldn't Volvo make it for BB?

Can anyone chime in?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Get the paint code and have an automotive paint store mix you a small can. Even easier just order online. The Volvo touchup paint is some eco-friendly crap that is useless. I think it`s some water based junk so it can be sold in California

·
Registered
316 Posts
So I was talking to the GM and the parts department. I was looking for some Bursting Blue OEM touchup paint and was told Volvo had not sent them any and that it was either fact or rumor (not really sure) that Volvo wasn't even going to make it. This sounds super odd. They are making it for all other colors... why wouldn't Volvo make it for BB?

Can anyone chime in?
I've been using DrColorchip for touch-ups on my RDesign. Works great, imo. They have bursting blue for a 2019 XC40.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/store/squirt-n-squeegee-plus.php

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yeah I found this odd as well. The 3rd part mixes touch up pretty well and give you a lot more paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts