SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the OEM sunglasses holder installed in Blonde Interior? How is the color match? (Perhaps a picture).

Also, anyone at all that has it, do you like it? Is it big enough for all sunglasses? (Think Ray-Ban Wayfarers) Looking at picture from parts websites it looks pretty clunky for as clean as the rest of the interior is but maybe I just can't picture it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone have the OEM sunglasses holder installed in Blonde Interior? How is the color match? (Perhaps a picture).

Also, anyone at all that has it, do you like it? Is it big enough for all sunglasses? (Think Ray-Ban Wayfarers) Looking at picture from parts websites it looks pretty clunky for as clean as the rest of the interior is but maybe I just can't picture it?
I have added the holder to the blond headliner; it is a good colour match. These fit my Ray-Ban Wayfarers well, but can only fit one way and close cleanly and as designed. I am away from my vehicle at the moment but will add photos tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have added the holder to the blond headliner; it is a good colour match. These fit my Ray-Ban Wayfarers well, but can only fit one way and close cleanly and as designed. I am away from my vehicle at the moment but will add photos tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Tons, did you happen to install yourself?

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
Might not be what you asked for but do you really need it?

I was in the exact same situation you are in, a while ago, and someone here suggested using the storage box on the left side of the steering wheel (left knee area) for sunglasses storage. I guess it's only a 90 series thing as the loaner XC60s I have driven do not have these storage spaces. It's wide and deep enough for my sunglasses and my safety glasses (with or without the case). Just a suggestion! :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Here you go, I was already in the garage so colors don't look very good. It is indeed the blonde. They get the job done but if your sunglasses have a large/tall glass, they will not completely hide. Mine are oakley. I like that position better than the storage box next to the steering wheel. Additionally, where would the passenger put his/her glasses? I started the my side, next week I'll put it on the passenger side. Installation is very simple, no major items needed.
View attachment 49721
View attachment 49723
View attachment 49725
View attachment 49727

·
Registered
655 Posts
Here you go, I was already in the garage so colors don't look very good. It is indeed the blonde. They get the job done but if your sunglasses have a large/tall glass, they will not completely hide. Mine are oakley. I like that position better than the storage box next to the steering wheel. Additionally, where would the passenger put his/her glasses? I started the my side, next week I'll put it on the passenger side. Installation is very simple, no major items needed.
View attachment 49721
View attachment 49723
View attachment 49725
View attachment 49727
When I click on your links, I receive an "Invalid Attachment" error message.

·
Registered
552 Posts
When I click on your links, I receive an "Invalid Attachment" error message.
Strange, they do open on my end. Trying again.

Sent from my XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
These are so incredibly easy to install. The toughest part is to get the color right. Volvo sells this in colors that match some of the older Volvos as well. I installed one in the 18 XC60 last year. I had to buy one where the part number matched a C30. Fit just fine. About all you need is a small tool to open the cover exposing the hex bolts. Remove both bolts and gently pull out grab handle and re-install the sunglasses holder. Takes all of about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I installed this, too, in my blond ocean race...color is a perfect match to headliner...the holder does what its supposed to do...and quite honestly, i don't need a grab handle to get in/out of the car...so it's more functional...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I installed one in my S90. Super simple as everyone else has stated. What I don't understand is why we should even have to install one. This should be a standard feature of a luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My concern has to do with what size glasses will fit? I wear Maui Jim’s and while they’re lightweight the case for them is huge......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Strange, they do open on my end. Trying again.

That does look pretty good... I may have to bite.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had no idea that compartment was there (I've only had my V90 for about a month). I just assumed it was the fuse box, lol.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Installed mine. Easy. Much better use of that space than a grab handle. Should come standard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi, do you know if the handles and this sunglasses holder are interchangeable left and right?
Could I move the sunglasses holder to the right and have the passenger side handle moved to the left? thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
hi, do you know if the handles and this sunglasses holder are interchangeable left and right?
Could I move the sunglasses holder to the right and have the passenger side handle moved to the left? thanks
Yes, they're interchangeable.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts