SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys n gals,

I have a quick question about OEM options....

I have heard rumor of the "Roll up the windows with your key fob like a VW" bit of software...does anyone have this?

IF so when where and how can I do the same?

I've "heard" that a lot of dealerships won't work with you on software...also is this something IPD/ARD would/could do? I would also like to be able to roll down the windows/open the sunroff with the fob....

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I've never heard of the option of rolling up windows with key-fob for our cars that you heard rumors on.

I'm not sure places won't work with you with software if you have your wallet ready. I think it's more lack of knowledge by dealers especially if you are dealing with software downloads they are not familiar with or downloads usually done on overseas R's. ie. getting motorized side mirrors, euro light software download/etc.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure this would even be a simple software issue. When you turn off the car, do all the windows and moonroof have power?
I don't think power is the issue...

I would think, and I am most certainly shooting in the dark here but I would think that if the signal sent by the key fob is ran through the ECU for unlock/lock/alarm arm function then it could follow that you could in theory access any function controlled by ecu....the other question would then be does it in fact control the window motors? I would follow with a guess of yes, because of the auto gap roll down function (not the solid roll but the automatic slight maneuver to equalize cabin pressure that our cars do) I have read is controlled by the ECU this is why it can be calibrated by the dealer with software.

So all in all if the window is controlled by the ECU and the key fob accesses the ECU and not just an actuator to open the doors it should follow that this is not out of the realm of possibility however that could still mean that no dealership has the software let alone the ability to install it.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
It's not an option and can't be done. Not unless of course you go some crazy custom route.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts