SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have '07 xc70 with 14mm rear bar (stock) and 21mm R bar I am considering installing but am concerned that this will cause excessive over steer. I think the early P2 S60R has a 20mm rear bar. Are there any other OEM rear bars between 14 and 20mm?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: OEM rear Swaybar size (arejohn)

The 'S' in '04 & '05 had the 20mm bar, and got the 21mm bar in '06.<p>FYI - I have the IPD 25mm rear bar on with the factory 23.5mm front bar and have absolutely ZERO issues with over-steer.<br>

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Re: OEM rear Swaybar size (jrgoffin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jrgoffin</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 'S' in '04 & '05 had the 20mm bar, and got the 21mm bar in '06.<p>FYI - I have the IPD 25mm rear bar on with the factory 23.5mm front bar and have absolutely ZERO issues with over-steer.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Do you know if the '05's have the same 23.5mm bar in front? <p>Matt

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: OEM rear Swaybar size (mad matt)

Good to know. I may just go with it. Just seemed like a really big jump going from 14 to 21mm.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: OEM rear Swaybar size (arejohn)

I almost wish I would have gone with the V70R IPD rear bar which is 28mm!<p>The fronts are all 23.5mm on the 'V' & 'S'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts