SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just needing a little info on a few parts...

Looking to buy new turn signal housings for my 06. These are the housings found on the side mirrors and are different from the 08+ style. Anyone have a PN/place to buy? Mine are currently tinted, but I want to return to OEM status. I tried V&S Dismantlers, but it seems they only sell the side mirror as a complete unit and will not separate the signal housing from the mirror. Tasca or VolvoPartsWebstore might sell them, but I have no idea how to navigate those sites properly.

I also want to buy new OEM lower front bumper fog light grille inserts (as well as a new fog light kit).

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks! :beer::beer:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Just needing a little info on a few parts...

Looking to buy new turn signal housings for my 06. These are the housings found on the side mirrors and are different from the 08+ style. Anyone have a PN/place to buy? Mine are currently tinted, but I want to return to OEM status. I tried V&S Dismantlers, but it seems they only sell the side mirror as a complete unit and will not separate the signal housing from the mirror. Tasca or VolvoPartsWebstore might sell them, but I have no idea how to navigate those sites properly.

I also want to buy new OEM lower front bumper fog light grille inserts (as well as a new fog light kit).

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks! :beer::beer:
try http://www.erievovo.com they stock this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
Awesome!! Thank you!

EDIT*

Just called my dealer. Parts for the fog light kit total out to $280 ($450 installed). Is this a job I could do myself? Anyone have a link to the installation instructions?
You could certainly do it yourself, it's basically plug and play and no more complicated than changing the headlamp bulbs. I can't believe they are charging you $170 for this simple thing.
When you did the foglight delete, did you stow the plugs back in their holders inside the bumper and kept the foglights? Are you putting the OEM bumper cover back or still using the elevate ones?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could certainly do it yourself, it's basically plug and play and no more complicated than changing the headlamp bulbs. I can't believe they are charging you $170 for this simple thing.
When you did the foglight delete, did you stow the plugs back in their holders inside the bumper and kept the foglights? Are you putting the OEM bumper cover back or still using the elevate ones?
Well, back when I was young and stupid (5ish years ago), I told the body shop that installed my elevate bumper to just remove the fog lights (and honestly didn't think to get them back--I'm paying the price for that mistake now). I'm not sure if the plugs are still wired... I'm reverting back to my OEM bumper with a lip so I guess I'll find out soon!

Also contact the people at VoluParts, they've been able to order a lot of random items for me.
Thanks! I'll check them out.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Bear in mind, a fog light installation requires a software! So you'll be needing to buy the software and have it installed by your stealership/workshop.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see. Because I thought it odd that you are purchasing all the pieces again since you should have the OEM bits from before the elevate upgrades.
Why may I ask, are you reverting back to stock?
Yeah, I'm kicking myself about it. I'm crossing my fingers that all I need are the housings/lenses (~$66 each) and I can just plug them into the (hopefully) existing harnasses.

I've grown a little tired of the Elevate front bumper--it's been good to me and has turned a lot of heads, but it's become a little too aggressive in my eyes. I'm looking for more of a conservative/classy look. The plan now is to revert everything to stock (except side skirts, rear valence, and quad exhaust--still love those) with a new lip and have the thing slammed on my new wheels. I also am hoping I can facelift the front end to 08+.

OEM+ is the name of the game.

Bear in mind, a fog light installation requires a software! So you'll be needing to buy the software and have it installed by your stealership/workshop.
Well, considering I had the fogs originally, I should already have the software updated properly (still have my cabin switch, too). Thanks though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts