SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few recent-vintage Volvos - an XC90 and perhaps an XC60 - around recently with what look like OEM LED fog lights running as DRLs:

1. Are these OEM?
2. Would they fit our caRs?
3. If 1&2 are yes, can we get a part number and a price?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yes
No, Maybe, They are specifically made for the front end and provided openings on those models. You could spend the cash at a body shop to get custom work done or do it yourself if those skills are on hand.
Call Tasca for numbers and pricing.

You may be able to purchase LEDS or glow strip LED kit and fabricate something yourself.
The bulb warning message may haunt you and likely will have to be dealt with.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so I called my friendly VoT dealer's parts dept. who said:

1. Yes, 2013 Volvos have LED fogs.
2. No, they don't have part numbers and prices yet.
3. The 'regional service manager' said there is no way they can be adapted to earlier Volvos.

I pressed them on 3. suggesting it doesn't make sense, since they look to be the same size/shape, I assume they are 12V and don't need adaptors, and the PCM doesn't monitor the fog light circuit, but no further explanation for now.

I am going to look into this further in a few months.

P.S.: I think I have seen very similar assemblies on a new Porsche Cayenne, so I assume there is some common Euro supplier.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Our 2013 RD XC-90 has LED fog lights that are always on, they look really nice IMO.
I agree - perhaps the VoT service manager is referring to their use as DRLs when saying no way to retrofitting.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You are right in that no monitoring is done on fogs. If you want them for fogs then the options expand.
Ebay has several items.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts