SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OEM Front Lip - Instruction

Anyone knows how difficult? any instructions i can find?
ordered mine arrived without mounting hardware, assume existing will fit. but anyone has instructions? need to make sure all is tight.

thanks

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
It's so easy, you don't really need instructions. Couple of fasteners at the ends, the rest of it is tabs that just push in.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Be sure to post pics when its done! Or if you really feel like it, a how to?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installed!
took 2 hours, Volvo Canada e-mailed me an instruction booklet.
have to remove the front bumper, install the lip and the L-bracket and clips. its super stable.

BTW- the kit comes with the screws, clips and L-bracket and mine was missing, in luck, my dealer has 1 spare. (could be that they forgot to place them back after painting them).

ill post pix tomorrow. it's night time here now. good night and thanks for all the advice.

total cost 600 painted and 13% Ontario Tax included.
avoided the 140 canadian (1hour tax incuded) dollars for labor from the dearlership.

next step is to modify the OEM lip, now i have a copy, ill mold them together with fiberglass and put more wing in front. (aka splitters) and to top it off with a rubber garage door thingy. total cost 120 canadian tax included. 2 weeks prep time.

once i have the prototype modified lip, ill let you know and maybe i can produce some for you for the cost and a little $ :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
interesting oem replicas :D

sounds good depending on moneys....

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Installed!
took 2 hours, Volvo Canada e-mailed me an instruction booklet.
have to remove the front bumper, install the lip and the L-bracket and clips. its super stable.

BTW- the kit comes with the screws, clips and L-bracket and mine was missing, in luck, my dealer has 1 spare. (could be that they forgot to place them back after painting them).

ill post pix tomorrow. it's night time here now. good night and thanks for all the advice.

total cost 600 painted and 13% Ontario Tax included.
avoided the 140 canadian (1hour tax incuded) dollars for labor from the dearlership.

next step is to modify the OEM lip, now i have a copy, ill mold them together with fiberglass and put more wing in front. (aka splitters) and to top it off with a rubber garage door thingy. total cost 120 canadian tax included. 2 weeks prep time.

once i have the prototype modified lip, ill let you know and maybe i can produce some for you for the cost and a little $ :)
What version? Where did you get it?

·
Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
Curious to see what you come up with for a winglet/splitter idea... We'll see how it compares :)

Considering adding the garage gasket myself, slightly better protection for the fiberglass.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What version? Where did you get it?

got it directly from Volvo Canada and delivered to a dealership near by. the price difference seems to be ok to me because of shipping and tax compared to Tasca.
it is OEM part# 8698093. i know, in canada we pay more compared to living in the states.

MyName...: how did you install the garage sealer thing? just stick? or did you drill and screw to hold them? i will do the same thing at the end result.

heres a quick pix

·
Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
MyName...: how did you install the garage sealer thing? just stick? or did you drill and screw to hold them? i will do the same thing at the end result.
I haven't done it yet, I'll probably drill mine and line it with a strip of plastic for a sturdier attachment.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I like it. Looks like it might even direct a little bit more air, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts