SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ! i want to uprade my S60r with the oem amp (pa 200 ) but i 've got a question about the instalation !
for the power no pb (its already on the car ) but for connect the cable to the Hu 613 i've got pb ! where connect the amp to the hu ? there is only 2 connectors
1 green and an other grey but they are used
i must disconnect the grey from the Hu and connect to the amp ?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Re: oem amp install on a hu 613 need help !!! (frenchs60r)

Your HU also has two DIN connectors on the back, one for the navigation/video system sound and the other is for the auxilliary amplifier (pa200 or pa300). The one with 6 (or 7) pins (lower rightmost receptacle in the picture) is the output to the amp.

The output from the amp back to the speaker harness is one of the iso connectors, the grey one, I think. The other (green) is for the HU power, canbus and ground connections.

There is a jumper cable (that you might have to buy from Volvo if you did not get it with the amp) that connects the pa-200 (aux amp) back to the speaker harness. If you use an aux amp with an HU-613, the grey iso connection on the back of the HU is not used--it is replaced by the above.

Modified by MrTippy at 8:32 AM 4-24-2009

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: oem amp install on a hu 613 need help !!! (frenchs60r)

You need a 6 pin (male) DIN to 6 pin (male) DIN cable between 6-9 ft long. This provides the low level audio signal to the amp. You can probably get one made by the same person who sells cables on ebay. Search under "Volvo Stereo". The proper connection point to the oem amp is the round 6 pin DIN in the lower right on the picture above. The same grey connector is located on the amp as well. The speaker wires (high level outputs) will output from the amp and you will no longer need to connect the grey connector block to the back of the HU.

Hope this helps,
Wireguy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts