SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, what are your opinions on the OEM all weather mats vs other options like weather tech?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
911 Posts
The OEM ones don't look like they'd be very effective with real world winter use. We plan to order some WeatherTech ones, since they cover the sides a little more and would be better at containing water. Though from the looks of it, the WeatherTech rear mats are also pretty much flat.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The OEM ones don't look like they'd be very effective with real world winter use. We plan to order some WeatherTech ones, since they cover the sides a little more and would be better at containing water. Though from the looks of it, the WeatherTech rear mats are also pretty much flat.
I went with weathertech mats and I couldn't be happier.
Rear mats are not flat. It is a single piece with flat surface only for the center tunnel (or however it is called). Rear passenger foot areas have raised edges, they will contain water spillages, but you'll have to dry the water before taking them out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use the OEM rubber mats in my S90. I bought them new on Ebay much cheaper than msrp. They work just fine for the severe winters we have here in Minnesota.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Yes i got OEM with my s90 free but my wifes s60 has weather tech and yes weather tech is better than OEM.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm happy with my OEM mats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had Weathertech in my prior vehicles but decided to give the OEM a try this time. My main complaint was the way the Weathertech rear mats (for the Audi platform, at least) would curl at the edges. Yes, they have nice tall sides to catch water, but those same sides seem to sag and curl inward and looks sloppy after a while.

Granted, I only got my S90 a week ago so I've not experienced the OEM mats in winter/salt. I might be changing my tune around November. I got the OEM mats from "lehmanmotorsvolvoonline" on eBay for $126.29, and they shipped super fast. (Ordered on Sunday, arrived on Tuesday.)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Since the OEM mats came with my OR I used them through the winter. Did a good job holding in the melted snow (I think the official count for this part of Maine this year is 105 inches, but that doesn't count what's suppose to fall tonight. So it was a good test of the product.)

·
Registered
218 Posts
OEM OR translucent all weather nylon'ish mats fit perfectly in each foot well...perfectly...and since translucent/gray'ish, much better than black rubber mats...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wethertech is much nicer than OEM. I put front floor trays in the XC90 and they are stellar. Fit is perfect.

-Ryan

·
Registered
183 Posts
I drive for Uber, so you can imagine the abuse these things get. I did consider the weather techs, but concluded that they were too overpriced for what they were. Also, they're a bit too rigid. This means they must be tipped at a steep angle to get into/out of place. Not ideal when you have some rancid liquid you'd really like to keep inside the mat during removal. It is worth noting that the weather techs do cover the carpet on the transmission tunnel, whereas the OEM ones do NOT. Again, this would make removal more difficult and decided the weather techs weren't for me. For less than half the price (under $150), I went to my friendly local Volvo dealer's parts department and picked up a set of OEM all weather mats. I'm satisfied with them. First of all, the rubber is THICK, but it's also very bendy. I can fold the corners in during removal to keep the debris in the mats. I throw them on the ground and take a hose to them. For stains, I use soapy water and a sponge, then the hose. Air dry for 10 minutes, then back in the car.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I drive for Uber, so you can imagine the abuse these things get. I did consider the weather techs, but concluded that they were too overpriced for what they were. Also, they're a bit too rigid. This means they must be tipped at a steep angle to get into/out of place. Not ideal when you have some rancid liquid you'd really like to keep inside the mat during removal. It is worth noting that the weather techs do cover the carpet on the transmission tunnel, whereas the OEM ones do NOT. Again, this would make removal more difficult and decided the weather techs weren't for me. For less than half the price (under $150), I went to my friendly local Volvo dealer's parts department and picked up a set of OEM all weather mats. I'm satisfied with them. First of all, the rubber is THICK, but it's also very bendy. I can fold the corners in during removal to keep the debris in the mats. I throw them on the ground and take a hose to them. For stains, I use soapy water and a sponge, then the hose. Air dry for 10 minutes, then back in the car.
The OEM weather mats that came with my OR have a center piece for the back seats that connects to the right and left sides and does cover the transmission tunnel. You might have to order that separately? Or perhaps it's just a special thing with the OceanRace.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts