SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that I'll be keeping my 11 S60 for the long haul. We've decided to start a family and I wanted to outfit the car with possible configurations for the future, but I didn't want to spend a lot. So far I've bought a Saris Bones trunk bike carrier from an estate sale and found the OE cross bars on Craigslist. I wanted them in case I ever needed to carry a box or other items. I just picked them up today for a fair price.

I had the seller help me install so I knew it would fit before handing over the cash.

So here is my review:

PROs
>OE looks great and the curved ends look way better then the square aftermarket versions.
>Easy to install/ remove with one person. (Very intuitive).
>Feels very secure and no way to install it incorrectly.

CONs
>Even after a light wipe down on the car and feet, the rubber feet still left marks on the car finish. I had buffed and waxed the car last week.... I'm going to have to rebuff and wax those mounting areas.
>Fairly loud drone once you go over 45mph. Even turning up the radio didn't help much.
>Even though OEM, the rubber gaskets around the door have to mold around the mounting clips. So if you leave the bars on for extended periods of time, I can see the gaskets would start to deform into that shape.

In the end, I'm glad I got them for those rare occasions. I definitely would not leave them on for any extended period of time. Buying these used is the best way to go as new would be in the $250-$300 range.

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket fairings that would work?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Subscribed! I bought a set of these for my car a few days ago too! They will be going on in the spring for kayak season. I purchased whispbar wb401 as my kayak holder. I too, would like to add a fairing.

·
Registered
319 Posts
They look good. I just wish they didn't need to clip inside the rubber mouldings. By any chance do you have a part number? I'd like to get a set too.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Roof bars installed in addition to kayak carrier. Part number 30756562. Quite a bit of wind noise with the sunroof open around 45, with the sunroof closed you don't hear much till about 65/70. At 65/70 the noise can be cancelled out with climate control on auto and radio turned up a little. But a nice fairing set up would be nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts