SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I pulled the weegan into the garage with the headlights in their normal on position. I turned the car off, and all the exterior lights stayed on for about 20 sec. That's never happened before. Usually, when I turn the car off, all the exterior lights turn off.

Maybe it was confused by being in the garage instead of outside? The wife is out of town for a few days, so I thought it might enjoy being in the garage.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
If you pull the high beam stalk after switching the vehicle off it will activate the headlights and exterior lighting for a period of time (programmable in VIDA). It's supposed to be some sort of safety departure lighting or something. It's in written in the manual.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you pull the high beam stalk after switching the vehicle off it will activate the headlights and exterior lighting for a period of time (programmable in VIDA). It's supposed to be some sort of safety departure lighting or something. It's in written in the manual.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk
Sounds like a possibility. I'll check it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
It is the 'Follow Me Home' feature. You can set it up to 90sec in VIDA, default 30 sec is not enough for me to walk up my stairs and unlock the door so I've always had to change it to 90sec everytime I got a new volvo.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Who knew? I sadly have never read my manual. Fun to learn about new features tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who knew? I sadly have never read my manual. Fun to learn about new features tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't. And I've read the manual. But, there's a lot of features that one doesn't always use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts