SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 06 S60r with 110,000 and I haven’t been able to find a similar issue on the forums. The other day I brought my car up to get the tires rotated and it drove perfect all the way up. Once I got the car back it started making this odd clunking that jarred the whole car. It almost felt like the parking brake was sticking (it’s not I checked). It mostly only does it when the wheel is turned a decent amount. It’s not a particularly loud clunk but it shifts the whole car when it happens. When I’m the car it sounds like it’s coming from the rear, but when outside it mostly sounds like it’s coming from the driver front and it can be heard throughout the whole drivetrain. I jacked it up and checked everything and it was all tight. I also brought it to a mechanic and he can’t find anything wrong with it either. I was wondering if anyone had any similar issues or if it could be something like the axle bolts (mine has axle ping). Any ideas as to what it could be would be appreciated.

·
Registered
649 Posts
If you know you have axle ping, you should fix that before even asking what it could be. Get the bolts with the rubber washers and see if that doesn't fix the problem. If not, I'm sure it's definitely a contributing factor.

Replace them and report back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for not responding back I’ve been trying to figure everything out. Found out my R has the anti-ping bolts so I’m not sure what the clatter yo front is from. But the clunking went away after about 10 miles of driving. Just found out due to recent snow that the clunking was from my angle gear (R.I.P.). Was wondering if it is most likely just the collar or the gear itself since it was binding up so bad. Also if anyone knows of a shop near north east Pennsylvania area whom specialize in Volvo let me know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts