SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fixed, see below.

Earlier today my replacement headlight bulbs arrived, a pair of Osram CBN (basically a new version of the CBI) so I could finally rid myself of the annoying bulb malfunction error due to a failed bulb. I switched both out, since I have no idea how old the ones I have are and figured I would prefer the color temp to match bulbs.

So, get them both installed and first impression the passenger bulb looked a little more blue than the drivers side. Not great. Decide to take it outside for a quick drive to see if I notice it on the road, or if it is simply being in the garage and the passenger side being closer to objects than the drivers.

As I start driving I noticed right off the bat a shadow that was not there before, almost like a dead spot in the lighting. Got home and pulled up to the garage and the beam pattern looks really odd. Took some pictures (ignore the filthy lens!!)..

Drivers side, looks OK here:

Passengers side, look at the bottom, there is a clear line that looks like it is not shining through, I dunno if that is the shadow I am noticing.

Look at the way the beam shoots up and off to the right.

I'm not sure what to check really, the bulbs only go in one way, so I know it's not something like a bulb upside down. Any suggestions? I figure I will remove and re-install the bulb to be certain it is in properly, outside of that, no clue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed. Forgot for a minute that I don't need to dismantle half the front end to access the bulbs 馃槀

Took the bulb out, put it back in, looks better now. I'm thinking it likely wasn't quite fully seated in there. Shame I've got no need to drive anywhere tonight, I'd like to evaluate these new bulbs some.

At least now I'll pass inspection!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts