SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new V40 on Friday and had to clean out the old car's trunk. While doing so I came to the realization that in addition to a lot of leaves and bits of trees - I had accumulated a lot of weird 'safety equipment'. <P>Some of the stuff I dug out of my Saturn of 3 years:<P>8 round IKEA road flares that look like Planters Nut cans filled with red wax.<BR>30 feet of chain<BR>one roll of duct tape<BR>a couple of clear leaf bags<BR>screwdrivers and a combo knife/pair of pliers<P>Is it just me or do other people go over board with the safety equipment? The silly thing is that I live in the suburbs and have always had roadside assistance with this car. <P>Do others carry these kind of things? and if so what is the oddest thing you routinely carry?<P>oh - and has anyone ever used those IKEA flares. I think they'll go well with the new car being Swedish and all.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I think the strangest thing I carry in the trunk is a large piece of plywood. I destroyed the temporary jack that came with my car, so I decided to get a small 2-ton floor that I can carry with me. Like most floor jacks, it has wheels so it can roll forward when raising the car, and roll back when lowering the car. I tested the jack on my gravel driveway, and the wheels dug in and made it difficult to lower the car, which is where the plywood comes in. It works great as a smooth surface for the jack, and if I ever get a flat tire, I'll be ready.<P>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts