SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
341 - 360 of 599 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
CRACK PIPE price for a S90.
View attachment 136348

And not a wagon? If not V90 at least V60? 20s ride really tough on a SPA, but at least these are 20s on PAX tires, not truck tires ala XC90.

We should really start posting cheap V60s. 2020 still under warranty for only $36K. Next year these are going to be sub-30K for sure?
I like your thinking! Last year, you could pick up a 2020 V60 Cross Country in the mid- to upper $30k. I think that was a real bargain. I also came across a 2020 S60 T6 for $29,999 at a Volvo dealership last year as well.

Reactions: 855RI

·
Registered
330 Posts
2020 V60 Cross Country. $38,740. Has the Advanced Package, City Weave interior, and heated rear seats.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Photograph

2020 S60 T5 FWD. $29,968 with 22,500 on it. CPO as well! Sweet spot for the S60 T5 Momentums seems to be around that $33k mark, and that is CPO.
Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Sky

2020 XC40 T4. Base model + premium package for $32k. CPO as well. I'd go with the T5 if I was choosing though.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Reactions: tonyc

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Just FYI cause somewhere someone asked

Got the alignment done, essentially no driving issues but as a base point after the work, and they said very little was needed to get it back in spec.

But being not a chain like Firestone, I didn't get the traditional readout with specs like I'm used to seeing.
Meh, oh well.

Good to know adding the CCP lift doesn't massively alter the suspension geometry like lowering does

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
But being not a chain like Firestone, I didn't get the traditional readout with specs like I'm used to seeing.
Meh, oh well.
That's unacceptable. I wouldn't pay for an alignment that I didn't get a sheet for. Every decent modern alignment rack has the capability to print that.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
That's unacceptable. I wouldn't pay for an alignment that I didn't get a sheet for. Every decent modern alignment rack has the capability to print that.
Yeah, I'm gonna call tomorrow, I had just taken a not great call from my senior parents and was pretty distracted

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Yeah, I'm gonna call tomorrow, I had just taken a not great call from my senior parents and was pretty distracted
Oh. Yeah that's not ideal. Hope everything is ok.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Oh. Yeah that's not ideal. Hope everything is ok.
Thank you

Unvaccinated 70 year old father with chest pains for months, found to have 80-100% blockage around the heart, transported by ambo to a large hospital in SF (60 miles away from their home town)
He's in ICU, hoping to have better info and a time line in the morning.

And they don't understand why it was hard to find a room....

Eh, I'm worried and pissed all at once (understand the vaccine isn't perfect, nor would it prevent this heart issue, but would be one less thing to stress about)

I wasn't gonna drive down over Thanksgiving, but now I'm reminded just how bad he is, maybe I need to

(Scuba cert the next 2 weekends so hopefully I don't need to jet down now......)

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Thank you

Unvaccinated 70 year old father with chest pains for months, found to have 80-100% blockage around the heart, transported by ambo to a large hospital in SF (60 miles away from their home town)

Eh, I'm worried and pissed all at once (understand the vaccine isn't perfect, nor would it prevent this heart issue, but would be one less thing to stress about)

I wasn't gonna drive down over Thanksgiving, but now I'm reminded just how bad he is, maybe I need to

(Scuba cert the next 2 weekends so hopefully I don't need to jet down now......)
Family stuff > car stuff. 100%.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
That's a nice car, has the upgraded wheels too, and the price is downright reasonable given the original sticker at $50k and only 10.7k mi. I would imagine the City Weave is keeping some buyers away but I'd go for it.
City weave is the freaking coolest!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
City weave is the freaking coolest!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I dig that interior as well. Maybe when I can afford one of these my kids won't be jerks and trash it. I sat in my sister-in-laws backseat of their Forester with cloth seats. HOLY HELL that thing was nasty!

·
Registered
17,607 Posts
Those are an upgrade? They're not very good looking.
That's a nice car, has the upgraded wheels too, and the price is downright reasonable given the original sticker at $50k and only 10.7k mi. I would imagine the City Weave is keeping some buyers away but I'd go for it.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
Those are an upgrade? They're not very good looking.
Ha, ha, you should see the standard wheels - they're really hideous, lol.

·
Registered
2005 XC90 2.5T AWD, 219k miles
168 Posts
Just FYI cause somewhere someone asked

Got the alignment done, essentially no driving issues but as a base point after the work, and they said very little was needed to get it back in spec.

Meh, oh well.

Good to know adding the CCP lift doesn't massively alter the suspension geometry like lowering does

Thanks for the follow up! I was curious how your lift impacted things, because well, I think that would look killer on an XC90 too!

·
Registered
17,607 Posts
98 t5m s70 with some work done on it. I think I've seen this at Carlisle. 6 grand, 191K. Propus C, tropic b/g over oak leather in nice condition. Looks pretty clean.

Pros: B5244T5 engine from an 07 S60T5 (135K) Vast COP conversion Tuned by Aaron at Vast Block has been shimmed ARP head studs 19T turbo conversion iPd intake Snabb intake pipe iPd RIP kit Snabb intercooler NA TB w/960 throttle plate Green S60R injectors iPd IM spacer 2.5T Ex. manifold iPd Turbo back exhaust 320mm OEM Big brake kit Koni Strts iPd lowering springs Kalphenke subframe bushings Delrin front bushing iPd front and rear sway bar Techna fit SS brake lines Forge CBV Porsche Pierburg TCV Euro 850R clutch kit with SMF Autometer boost gauge Autometer oil pressure gauge AEM wide band Refinished Volvo OEM Propus wheels Snabb short shifter C70 jewel headlights C70 jewel corner lights C70 front grill OBX strut bar Cons: Gauges need to be finished. It’s been a great car the last 4 years, not in a rush to sell. I have my eye on something else and can’t have 3 cars. Not sure what to ask since this is a very niche market car.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Hmmm, this is kind of a nice setup and in pretty good shape from the pics

Red leather? (vinyl?)

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Thank you

The worst part is, when things are in max lockdown, they allow NO visitors. I hope that's not the case with your dad.
Last February, had to take my wife to the ER, and it wasn't a hospital in our network. Long story short, things snowballed, and they admitted her at a hospital in their network, not ours (said they spent two hours calling around to even find a bed). She spent 10 days there while they ran tests and gave her IV meds, and NO ONE was allowed to see her, not even me.
I had to call repeatedly to a nurse's station (some of which didn't have a great command of spoken English, and some were just goofballs), and I had to try to call docs I didn't know, who didn't often answer their phones. It was weird and frustrating and more than a little bit scary 😨

I worked with a guy who was at a long-term care facility a few years ago visiting his mother. He collapsed right in the lobby he was leaving. Luckily, they had an aid car sitting right there, and they were like 5 mins away from the hospital. They jetted him over there. Sure enough, major multiple blockages just like your father.
He ended up getting 4 stents put in. He's perfectly fine today. Hopefully your dad's case is pretty straightforward, too. Heck, we're Americans, everybody over the age of 60 is walking around with some kind of "repair hardware" in 'em 👍

Reactions: tabormeister
341 - 360 of 599 Posts