SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
321 - 340 of 599 Posts

·
Registered
2005 XC90 2.5T AWD, 219k miles
168 Posts
+1 on not wanting to return to the office. I changed jobs mid-pandemic and neither my old one or new one really needed to be in person. At the prior place we had meetings galore, I was in meetings 25+ hours a week, this was pre-pandemic. The problem with so many meetings is that it’s hard to get a conference room and when you do, few people show up because they’d run late to the meeting immediately after. Everyone sat at their desk and attended a meeting down the hall virtually. Nevertheless, they are pushing people to go back full time.

My new job had me back in office 40% on July 1. Everyone’s days are staggered so I only see 1 person from my team in person. There’s no more collaboration that happens in person than when we were fully remote. People waste the same amount of time talking at the water cooler in person as they do completing house chores when remote. Unfortunately, the corporate world believes that water cooler BS is acceptable for “morale” and “team building”. I’d argue WFH has boosted team work at home, and morale is much improved when I’ve already vacuumed and done the dishes before the wife gets home

I don’t know about all of you, but I’d rather impress my wife than my boss

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: tonyc and fleuger99

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Exactly. One of these people actually cares about you and the other, even if they do care about you as a person, probably still cares a lot less and is usually beholden to someone else above them who doesn't care at all.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·

2019 S90 T8 LWB Inscription. Magic Blue on Maroon. $55K. 20K. VIN:LVYBR0AL1KP089720. At O'Steen Volvo.

This is it. Every option you could want. 20s, B&W, with the sport exhaust tips and spoiler, Magic Blue with something other than Blond and Black. It is perfection. Yes, I know. V90 this, V90 that. I agree. However, a V90 does not work that well when you have three people over 6'6" in your family.
CRACK PIPE price for a S90.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

And not a wagon? If not V90 at least V60? 20s ride really tough on a SPA, but at least these are 20s on PAX tires, not truck tires ala XC90.

Yeah, I really like the V60CC and V90CC; however, it'll be XC70 T6 AWD first. Just wish the SPA cars had the same visibility as my P2 XC70. You can see for miles out of it. A SPA wagon is in my distant future though.
We should really start posting cheap V60s. 2020 still under warranty for only $36K. Next year these are going to be sub-30K for sure?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
View attachment 136348

And not a wagon? If not V90 at least V60? 20s ride really tough on a SPA, but at least these are 20s on PAX tires, not truck tires ala XC90.

We should really start posting cheap V60s. 2020 still under warranty for only $36K. Next year these are going to be sub-30K for sure?
need…long…wheel…base

Also, find another S90 Inscription in that spec. Price is a lot but someone will pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
need…long…wheel…base

Also, find another S90 Inscription in that spec. Price is a lot but someone will pay for it.

It’s a shame the XC90 Excellence doesn’t have any better rear leg room than the Momentum and Inscription trim, despite being only a 4 seater. Their values are now half of MSRP when certified, significantly less if you skip that process. There’s a 2016 for $35k, but I’d be scared to own a T8 out of warranty.

2017 XC90 Excellence for $55k, 32k, CPO, $106k MSRP

·
Registered
168 Posts
View attachment 136348

Remember pre-pandemic when the next bubble was going to be auto loans? Given how much used and new cars have been selling for during the last 12 months, perhaps that bubble call was correct —just premature and for the wrong reasons. How many people will be grossly underwater on car loans in 18-24 months when the chip shortage alleviates?

·
Registered
908 Posts

·
Registered
2020 V90 T6 Inscription
36 Posts

·
Registered
14,153 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
2005 V70R Magic/Atacama M66, 150k miles, $9000
Could be just me, but this post seems sketchy. The description says "5spd, 150kmi" and describes the interior as "beige".

Edit: I can't geography and google failed me...

Edit the sequel: And an extra cylinder!

·
Registered
5 Posts
2015 V60 T6 awd R-Design with 35k miles in passion red for auction on Cars and Bids. I don't think I've seen this car on SS. Looks pretty clean and the only things missing are heated steering wheel and nubuck (to make it perfect). Very interested to see how high it goes.

Anyone else on swedespeed bidding on this? Guesses as to what it will go for?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Anyone else on swedespeed bidding on this? Guesses as to what it will go for?
$24k-$27k. I would get it. Cars & Bids auctions don’t seem to be correct to market on V60s. There was a Onyx Black Polestar that sold for $5k below KBB.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
I'm on the oppo spectrum. It was SO good to be back in the office. Didn't have to see the wife 16 hours a day, didn't have to hear the kids right after school, didn't have to do stupid chores that ought to be done by a house keeper, got to be closer to more of my vehicles.

Remember pre-pandemic when the next bubble was going to be auto loans? Given how much used and new cars have been selling for during the last 12 months, perhaps that bubble call was correct —just premature and for the wrong reasons. How many people will be grossly underwater on car loans in 18-24 months when the chip shortage alleviates?
right?!? and are mfg's hellbent on making sure everyone gets repoed? WTF? 84 months loans? On a FORD?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got it.
My only gripe with Tacoma (15 minutes from home) is they double ordered (& charged) me for a spare key (I now have 3) and told me polestar was "several thousand dollars".
But, Bob was super excited about the 164 when I brought it in.

Anyhoot.
For what it's worth, I can say the guys at Performance Automotive in Renton are solid. 2 ex Bellevue Volvo guys, one writer and one master tech.
So far they've done the head job on my overheated/sold 2011 T6, and have also done the angle gear seal on my 14 almong with a few other little things.
Both for substantially less than any dealer.

Thinking about swinging by to say hi to them as I'll be hitting my Bellevue shop tomorrow for work (like my 7th time into an office in 18 months)
I wish I had a good dealership service department nearby. There is a dealer 5 minutes from my house and yet I find myself having to drive 3 hours on 10/22 to have a 2nd key programmed for my daughter’s car. At least I have friends by that dealership who I’ll meet for lunch.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I'm on the oppo spectrum. It was SO good to be back in the office. Didn't have to see the wife 16 hours a day, didn't have to hear the kids right after school, didn't have to do stupid chores that ought to be done by a house keeper, got to be closer to more of my vehicles.

right?!? and are mfg's hellbent on making sure everyone gets repoed? WTF? 84 months loans? On a FORD?

Well, I've got a couple folks right there with ya in my group. What the heck, to each his own. One is a young guy just leaning the ropes, so he wants to be around when the programming he codes out gets used, so he can address issues "just in case". I get it. He's not married, GF is a nurse who works 3 nights a week, and he says this gives him just the right amount of "togetherness" and time apart. I totally get that, too 😋
The other guy retired during the pandemic, and then experienced his ol' lady cutting hair in her home salon, and doing the remote-classroom thing every day for the grandkids.
It was more than he could stand 🤮 He's in the process of trying to contract back to the company full time 😂 Both these guys help make it possible for the rest of us to stay home full time.
We can always say we have someone on site 😉
The first salvo was in August, when they told us "the worst is over", and we could choose a "hybrid" schedule (days IN and days OUT), but not fully remote.
This is after we had proven 100% remote could work, for well over a year 😤 So everyone chose 1 day in, 4 days out 😂 THEN the big surge in cases hit. Now it's a stalemate.
I've gone in one day out of the last two months. I told them I don't feel safe because there are unvaccinated people there, especially with someone immuno-compromised at home.
I'm a 25-yr employee with an excellent work record. "Come at me, bro" 💢 LOL..., it's not worth fighting me for a pointless day-a-week in the office and they know it.
My director works in Missouri, where I'm thinking masks are few and vaccinations are hit-and-miss. He says his preference would be for everyone to be in the office.
Says the younger people have confided in him that they don't feel as "engaged" (there's a fav: statements that can't be proven or disproven).
Tomorrow apparently we have a group meeting, to "explain" the new company mandate that everyone has to be vaccinated by 12/8. I'm sure there'll be party hats 🎉

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Got it.
My only gripe with Tacoma (15 minutes from home) is they double ordered (& charged) me for a spare key (I now have 3) and told me polestar was "several thousand dollars".
But, Bob was super excited about the 164 when I brought it in.

Anyhoot.
For what it's worth, I can say the guys at Performance Automotive in Renton are solid. 2 ex Bellevue Volvo guys, one writer and one master tech.
So far they've done the head job on my overheated/sold 2011 T6, and have also done the angle gear seal on my 14 almong with a few other little things.
Both for substantially less than any dealer.

Thinking about swinging by to say hi to them as I'll be hitting my Bellevue shop tomorrow for work (like my 7th time into an office in 18 months)
I've heard of Performance Automotive, I'm pretty sure.
It's hard to find anybody "Volvo-centric" as you go farther south from there.
Hard to believe, because in Seattle proper and points north & east, there are all kinds of Swedish car shops.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Could be just me, but this post seems sketchy. The description says "5spd, 150kmi" and describes the interior as "beige".

Edit: I can't geography and google failed me...

Edit the sequel: And an extra cylinder!
Yes sketchy, but sometimes it’s just Volvo people being completely oblivious to what they have.

Looks dirty and sedentary, my guess is it was a second or third vehicle for a bit or had a major issue and was take out of the rotation for a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
On this business: 7 year loans have been around for some time, of course. The lenders aren't going out on much of a limb. It's widely known that vehicle loans are a pretty safe bet, even on the secondary (crap paper) market, because the car loan is usually the last thing somebody will let go. They gotta get to work. If people default, they go get the car/truck, and they can flip that thing more times than... well, you know...
Water Photograph Green Smile Happy

...and swim home with a big ol' kettle o' fish!!! 🐟💲🐟💲🐟💲🐟💲​

Reactions: 855RI
321 - 340 of 599 Posts