SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had it put on today, fit was very good, install was pretty straight forward. Sounds good, can hear the turbo a lot better now. Overall, so far really pleased!

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
Doesn't those tips bother you? It sticks out too far for my tastes.

oh and you need to do something about those zebra patterns on those trims.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will prolly have the shop that did the install cut them down some, but its not as bad when your looking at it in person.

What does it take to remove the zebra's?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Doesn't those tips bother you? It sticks out too far for my tastes.

oh and you need to do something about those zebra patterns on those trims.
I think it's just a bad picture... They do look kind of small for dual tips. Kind of remind me of my Tercels exhaust tip :p

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
I think it's just a bad picture... They do look kind of small for dual tips. Kind of remind me of my Tercels exhaust tip :p
I dunno maybe it is a bad picture, but from this angle it looks like it's sticking out a good 2-3 inches too far out. Perhaps this exhaust was designed for the body kit R. Which in that case, would look fine.

Need a side profile pic...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Can you post sound clips?

Would love to see what it sounds like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Nice!! I was going to go with OBX a long long time ago, never went through with it. Did you do the DP as well?? There is nothing really about the OBX that detered me from going with it, just I knew a long time ago I was going to go custom; enjoy it!! I would have changed yours a little, like others mentioned, sticks out the rear a little too much for me... reminds me of my buddy Supra and his exhaust stuck out a bit, use to make face with tongue sticking out & to the side to simulate what his cars rear end looks like (well, his wife that made that face, we just picked up on it). haha.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Good stuff. I too would love a sound clip. Do you have the OBX DP as well? I have a stock exhaust minus the resonator with a catless OBX DP, and I was thinking about this setup but was worried about the quality of the exhaust note.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Can you feel any increase in power?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
You know ever one talked mad crap about obx when it 1st came out. Especially that gsxtodd kat.....lol is all I got to say to him. My obx down pipe has been installed on my R for 2years now.. Or soo I got rt away, when obx released it. I've bottomed out a ton of times. Drove my r damn hard for a long time. Never had any problems from my down pipe and now that my friend is getting it I doubt he is going to swap it out. Seeing that it works

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
You know ever one talked mad crap about obx when it 1st came out. Especially that gsxtodd kat.....lol is all I got to say to him. My obx down pipe has been installed on my R for 2years now.. Or soo I got rt away, when obx released it. I've bottomed out a ton of times. Drove my r damn hard for a long time. Never had any problems from my down pipe and now that my friend is getting it I doubt he is going to swap it out. Seeing that it works
:thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is the turbo back system, and it sounds good. I will see about getting a clip.

I am going to have the tips reduced. I don't like the side angle, but all in all, for the 475 it cost for the system, the 30 bucks for the cat and the 150 install that took about an hour from start to finish, I feel kind of like a pig in mud lol.

The quality was very good. The muffler shop was impressed with the fit, and quality of the welds etc.

Has a nice tone when on the throttle, and at cruise it is no louder than stock.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
:thumbup:
Well it wasn't evey one but damn there were lots of haters!!! I saw nothing wrong with buying obx.
and a lot of others also saw nothing wrong. I mean come on 600-1200 for a down pipe when your dead broke is hard to come by. But when you can trade work for parts the ever thing is good!!!!
I'm glad to see people are still using there stuff
It's not the best but it shore is NOT. Junk.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Need some new options on tips. The way these are made, they won't be able to be cut down and moved in enough. These tips look almost like little resonators, they have packing in them and the section of pipe they slide onto is reduced down and they won't be able to flair the tips enough.

What are some other styles you guys have used and is a single wall style.

TIA

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
Need some new options on tips. The way these are made, they won't be able to be cut down and moved in enough. These tips look almost like little resonators, they have packing in them and the section of pipe they slide onto is reduced down and they won't be able to flair the tips enough.

What are some other styles you guys have used and is a single wall style.

TIA
Just cut the tips off pipes, cut the pipe shorter and re-weld the tips back on. This isn't rocket science and you don't need new tips.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just cut the tips off pipes, cut the pipe shorter and re-weld the tips back on. This isn't rocket science and you don't need new tips.
The pipes are reduced down right at the end where the tips slide on, if I cut them off far enough to get the tips back under the car, then the tips aren't big enough to slide over the pipe where it increases back in size. The muffler guy said that he wouldn't be able to flair the tips to slide them over because of the way they are made, and would just split when he put them on the machine. So my other option that I can see is to simply go to another tip, trim the pipe and start over.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The pipes are reduced down right at the end where the tips slide on, if I cut them off far enough to get the tips back under the car, then the tips aren't big enough to slide over the pipe where it increases back in size. The muffler guy said that he wouldn't be able to flair the tips to slide them over because of the way they are made, and would just split when he put them on the machine. So my other option that I can see is to simply go to another tip, trim the pipe and start over.
Buy one of them, and sell the other. Not sure what the diameter of the piping is on the OBX

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yonaka-Dual...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4843b0bf00

1 - 20 of 37 Posts