Denim blue T6 R design
Polestar
Sport chassis
Bowers
Advanced
Parking pilot
Heated rears
19’s
Coming out of an S90 T6 inscription this feels like a different engine all together, of course the weight loss & I’m sure it’s tuned differently but man, what a car, it even has a decent exhaust note, sport chassis is a tad stiffer than I would want but the car is so planted and poised with it, even in every day driving it gives an advantage, the car is really light on its feet & feel lighter than it is, polestar is amazing specially in polestar mode, steering not as numb as some make it to be, brakes very progressive. Unreal seats, my only concern is the stiff ride on the long run & if it will be worth the trade off, coming home from the dealer the car was extra bouncy on concrete expansions on the turn pike, turns out the tires were set at 44 psi & no one checked at delivery, I set them to 35 psi which made some difference but one member told me to go by the door jamb & set to 38 psi, overall, the car just begs to be driven hard & it does shrink around you, maybe after break in the suspension will soften a little, lol, fantastic car

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nice review. Make sure you get the latest June? ECU update. I got mine updated last week, and feel the Polestar shifting is a tad faster and much smoother
This car is begging to be driven hard on country roads

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congrats on picking up your sweet ride! I drive a 2018 R Design and I describe it as a wild stallion wanting to be set free.

Attach some pics when you have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
nice car

Hi all,
I picked it up Saturday,
Denim blue T6 R design
Polestar
Sport chassis
Bowers
Advanced
Parking pilot
Heated rears
19’s
Coming out of an S90 T6 inscription this feels like a different engine all together, of course the weight loss & I’m sure it’s tuned differently but man, what a car, it even has a decent exhaust note, sport chassis is a tad stiffer than I would want but the car is so planted and poised with it, even in every day driving it gives an advantage, the car is really light on its feet & feel lighter than it is, polestar is amazing specially in polestar mode, steering not as numb as some make it to be, brakes very progressive. Unreal seats, my only concern is the stiff ride on the long run & if it will be worth the trade off, coming home from the dealer the car was extra bouncy on concrete expansions on the turn pike, turns out the tires were set at 44 psi & no one checked at delivery, I set them to 35 psi which made some difference but one member told me to go by the door jamb & set to 38 psi, overall, the car just begs to be driven hard & it does shrink around you, maybe after break in the suspension will soften a little, lol, fantastic car

congrats on the car. I think you will get used to the ride. Remember this is not an s90 - I use 38 psi in mine, the denim blue is a terrific color, sounds like you got a fantastic deal - I agree with you that the steering is fine - and is adjustable, at least on 2017 model

·
Registered
817 Posts
Denim Blue with Sport Chassis! A winning combination. I'm somewhere between 2500-3000 miles. The shocks don't seem to have appreciably broken in or anything. Its still a bit stiff. But I like it that way. When your friends ride in it they can be convinced a Volvo can be sporty just due to the killer seats and firm ride. I know you guys here think different but everyone else thinks of Volvo as a nice looking old man/ladies car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Awesome! My 2020 T6 S60 Inscription (Polestar) fully loaded arrives Friday, so I hope to have it Saturday...saying goodbye to my 2017 S90 T6 Inscription. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for such kindness, i just thought if it’s gonna r design it might as well have the sport tune, it is the great sport sedan, and the color in person is an amazing shade of grey petrol blue

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice review. Make sure you get the latest June? ECU update. I got mine updated last week, and feel the Polestar shifting is a tad faster and much smoother
This car is begging to be driven hard on country roads

thank you sir, it does have the latest update I believe, it does ask you for more that’ For sure

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on picking up your sweet ride! I drive a 2018 R Design and I describe it as a wild stallion wanting to be set free.

Attach some pics when you have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thank you, I will once I find out how to, lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all,
I picked it up Saturday,
Denim blue T6 R design
Polestar
Sport chassis
Bowers
Advanced
Parking pilot
Heated rears
19’s

congrats on the car. I think you will get used to the ride. Remember this is not an s90 - I use 38 psi in mine, the denim blue is a terrific color, sounds like you got a fantastic deal - I agree with you that the steering is fine - and is adjustable, at least on 2017 model
thank you, I think so too, yes the s90 was a magic carpet ride that asked you not to get involved, but this machine wants your attention in every way, the pictures don’t do justice to that color really, yes it was a great deal or at least I think so, $56999 car for $525 a month with $600 total up front, the steering is excellent in polestar & individual both

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Denim Blue with Sport Chassis! A winning combination. I'm somewhere between 2500-3000 miles. The shocks don't seem to have appreciably broken in or anything. Its still a bit stiff. But I like it that way. When your friends ride in it they can be convinced a Volvo can be sporty just due to the killer seats and firm ride. I know you guys here think different but everyone else thinks of Volvo as a nice looking old man/ladies car.
thank you, yes it was very hard to find the color with these exact specs, the only car in the tri state area actually, my friends are already impressed, first by the elegant looks then by the excellent driving dynamics, also don’t forget the lower stance of the sport chassis is alone worth the price of admission, really gives the car an understated aggressive look

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome! My 2020 T6 S60 Inscription (Polestar) fully loaded arrives Friday, so I hope to have it Saturday...saying goodbye to my 2017 S90 T6 Inscription. Looking forward to it!
oh man, what a difference you will feel out of the s90, the weight difference alone has such a dramatic effect on how that engine acts, add polestar & you’re in for a sweet sweet ride

·
Registered
61 Posts
oh man, what a difference you will feel out of the s90, the weight difference alone has such a dramatic effect on how that engine acts, add polestar & you’re in for a sweet sweet ride
The shorter wheel base makes it quite nimble...It's supposed to arrive on Friday...if so, I'll get it on Saturday. I'm also looking forward to getting a foot back in the garage!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The shorter wheel base makes it quite nimble...It's supposed to arrive on Friday...if so, I'll get it on Saturday. I'm also looking forward to getting a foot back in the garage!
yes, the car shrinks around you & feel lighter than what it is really

·
Registered
511 Posts
Could you imagine the performance if Volvo could get the T6 into a V40 or C30 sized hot hatch?

·
Registered
61 Posts
that must be frustrating man, it’ll be worth the wait though, I can promise you that, this car is special
As of Friday, it's "on the truck"....I joked with my Volvo Manager that it would have been faster for me to fly to SC and drive it back to Maryland...a domestic overseas program! Hopefully this week...I'll post some pics once I get it...

·
Registered
226 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts