SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before i get the "Search, damn you!" response, let me say that im coming to you from an APO. My internet is limited to say the least. Thanks in advance!

Here's the story:

Im building TWIN(ish) 97 850s. One is a R, the other a GLT. I have about a $4000 budget for each car.

*stage zero is complete on both, and neither car has over 150k.*

-Does anyone have a definitive answer on the RIP kits being worth it, besides cosmetically?

-Does anyone make a complete silicone hose kit WITH a bov kit? I hate the thought of buying duplicate anything.

-Any thoughts on a tune other than ipd? I was looking at ARDs website. Seems legit enough!

-Anyone regret buying KW2 coilovers over strut/spring setup?

-For the R, would you bite the bullet and buy the Stage III ipd kit or would you piece one together?

Basically, how do YOU feel that $4000 a car could be best utilized for performance?

Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HEY!!! where's the bathroom?

?......OBNOXIOUS ???? TIME..sorry

Before i get the "Search, damn you!" response, let me say that im coming to you from an APO. My internet is limited to say the least. Thanks in advance!

Here's the story:

Im building TWIN(ish) 97 850s. One is a R, the other a GLT. I have about a $4000 budget for each car.

*stage zero is complete on both, and neither car has over 150k.*

-Does anyone have a definitive answer on the RIP kits being worth it, besides cosmetically?

-Does anyone make a complete silicone hose kit WITH a bov kit? I hate the thought of buying duplicate anything.

-Any thoughts on a tune other than ipd? I was looking at ARDs website. Seems legit enough!

-Anyone regret buying KW2 coilovers over strut/spring setup?

-For the R, would you bite the bullet and buy the Stage III ipd kit or would you piece one together?

Basically, how do YOU feel that $4000 a car could be best utilized for performance?

Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
9,225 Posts

RIP = just make your own front mount inter-cooler setup...i wish I did on my 850

ECU = get 2 used 98 s70 GLT OR T-5 ecus and have them converted for your 850's by this guy http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330715218636 will tune them to what you want as well...he has been doing conversions since 05 ... He'll do both of your units for 400$, just send him an email through Ebay...His name is Rui and tell him Doug told you about it ..."you will not be disappointed"

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topi...cu-motronic-44-upgraded-ecu-18psi-not-by-ard/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw that ppl were upgrading but hadnt had time to figure out why. Thanks for the advice! I wish i could watch those videos. Stupid crap less-than-56k-connection.

As for the FMIC, I only wonder if there is a clean way to do it without a mile of pipe. I'll probably do this on the R and go silicone couplers on the GLT.

·
Registered
9,225 Posts
I saw that ppl were upgrading but hadnt had time to figure out why. Thanks for the advice! I wish i could watch those videos. Stupid crap less-than-56k-connection.

As for the FMIC, I only wonder if there is a clean way to do it without a mile of pipe. I'll probably do this on the R and go silicone couplers on the GLT.
no there's not, you'll have a lot more pipe for sure...I got Ipd inter-cooler really cheap that's why I did not do it...and that works great as well.

wow, 56K... I used that in 98...well it is time to upgrade and no excuse , you can use $ from 850's budget...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts