SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 XC70 T6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a 2010 xc70. I would like to change the transmission fluid but I know I need to perform a transmission counter reset afterwards. I do not have a VIDA/DICE setup (and also only own Mac computers) but while researching I found some OBD scanners that can run Volvo specific diagnostics. Does anyone know if one of these newer OBD scan tool will perform the transmission counter reset?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi! I have a 2010 xc70. I would like to change the transmission fluid but I know I need to perform a transmission counter reset afterwards. I do not have a VIDA/DICE setup (and also only own Mac computers) but while researching I found some OBD scanners that can run Volvo specific diagnostics. Does anyone know if one of these newer OBD scan tool will perform the transmission counter reset?
I didn't think of that idea but I am interested in it as well. I have a ELM 327 OBDII tool

·
Registered
13,994 Posts
I am not familiar with any of the generic tools that will do this.

Also, if you do get VIDA or VDash and do the service, it's the fluid counter reset that you do, not the transmission adaptations, that's only for when you're changing some component of the transmission.

Reactions: Jtierney
1 - 3 of 3 Posts