SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to diagnose something on the caR and it seems like my OBD II port is dead. My dice is not powering up, and my generic OBD diagnosis machine does not get power either. I tested the generic one on another car, and it works well (it backlits when there is power coming in from the OBD) My dice has been working well in the past and nothing happened that could have make it malfunction, anyway when it does go bad, I think there are still some lights that are lit on the unit. I tested ALL the fuses in the engine bay, because I didn't find anything convincing on the fuse panel, and I did one row of the fuses in the dashboard. The location of the OBD plug makes it kinda slushy and it feels like Ì can break it if I press as firmly as I can, so I stay polite with the amount of force I apply ( I scanned my car with the dice before, many times, and it always worked, so the force I plug it in must be OK... )
So, Is there a fuse I miss for that port to get power, Should I try to remove it from its housing and plug it form behind the dashpanel.

How the hell am I gonna get my caR to communicate with my computer again...! ( You guys know how important it is to be able to DICE the car... Sum recal, general diagnosis, etc. )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem. Have power now, but no diagnostics.

Hi,

I recently had the same problem, my vehicle had an error come up and I connected my OBD2 unit (ELM 327 with USB connection) I couldn't get it to connect and got a parsing error.
I thought that the problem could have been my OBD unit so I bought a new one (D900 CAN Scan) which didn't connect to my computer.
Same problem, I checked it on another vehicle and it worked fine. I realised that I wasn't getting any power either.
After checking every fuse in the vehicle, I took the connector off it's mount in the vehicle and checked all the pins - everything looked fine. One thing I did notice is that the plug didn't mount properly on the OBD port of the Vehicle. After really pushing hard and making sure it was all the way in I was getting power for my OBD tested. However, I was still unable to connect and i think I'm just going to have to go to the Volvo Dealer to get it fixed.

The funny thing is that I have been able to use my OBD cable and software before with no issues, but last time I had my car serviced they did a software "upgrade" on the vehicle. Needless to say, i have had more software issues with the vehicle since then ( reversing sensor is overly sensitive, seat and mirrors lose memory and do not return to position they were left in) so I am a little concerned that their upgrade did more damage than good.....

Let me know how you go..

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had this same issue. Replaced the battery and all is good now. Volvo OEM from the dealer for 131.00. Pretty sure it was the original one in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts