1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got a code for p0140

And I seem to be over boosting?

Thoughts guys?

I cleared the code and I'm waiting for it to come back ?
As I'm waiting I look under my car
And I have oil all underneath my car and fuel rail? it's not leaking from the bottom but somewhere up top :/

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hmm are you sure? Replaced the O-ring around the oil filter? Oil all over that filter, seems like a lot for a leak from top. However, check that hose up top that recirculates oil from PCV to between 3rd and 4th spark plug. If you haven't already replaced it, that hose breaks a lot, not sure about 2007 MY though.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I'm about to rip my car apart. The oil definelty is coming from the top not the bottom. Just did an oil change and vetting is right and sealed

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I'm shocked when I see all of you guys having these problems. Sux. I hope I don't get bad luck.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My question is this...it's a plastic tube can't I just jb weld or water weld a sleeve to hold the pipes together?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Requires removing the manifold and possibly doin the whole pcv system which is not currently in my budget
It's like 14$ for an intake manifold gasket.

It's about 20$ for a new tube (just the top one that broke)

It takes about 3 hours for a novice to rip the manifold off, and put it back on.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When you got a 60hr work week...it's hard to fit it in. I'll see what's gonna happen tomorrow morning

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
it is a flawed tube design on R model, the replacement part will not look like this, but it'll look like the old generation style of tube...it take about 45min. to replace and you do not have to remove the intake manifold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts