SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a NYC or tri state area chapter? seems like not a single post in here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was just checking this myself, a little disappointed when I saw only two post..

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I expected at least a small following, but to have zero posts is pretty sad.
I would hate to find out how many people actually work on their own cars here. DIY seems rather weak.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It would be great to get some NYC comradery going.
I am in Brooklyn and it is rather difficult to have the space to even properly jack up the car to take a tire off. When there is some work to be done I either drive down to DC where I have family and space, or bite the bullet and take it in to the dealership. It would be great to hear of anyone who has worked out solutions to this, or even if someone has any recommends for a good indie. I have been taking my 2002 xc to the "top" rated dealer in the area, and have been more than disappointed in the quality of repair and the attention to detail.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be great to get some NYC comradery going.
I am in Brooklyn and it is rather difficult to have the space to even properly jack up the car to take a tire off. When there is some work to be done I either drive down to DC where I have family and space, or bite the bullet and take it in to the dealership. It would be great to hear of anyone who has worked out solutions to this, or even if someone has any recommends for a good indie. I have been taking my 2002 xc to the "top" rated dealer in the area, and have been more than disappointed in the quality of repair and the attention to detail.
Which dealer do you take it to? I got my car in NJ but will be taking it tons dealer so me where on LI or maybe Brooklyn so would rather know ahead of time if and which one does not pay special attention to details. Even though maintenance is included, I am going to be changing majority of things on the car myself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I live in White Plains, not too far from the boroughs, I lived in Brooklyn for 6 years, then moved to Queens lived there for 18 years, then moved up to westchester, I am new to Volvos but not new to the auto world, I've been tinkering with my cars since my Marine Corps Days 25 years ago, welding, fab work, rebuilding I can pretty do it all, I met a few great guys in my area, one who has worked at the volvo dealer since 1998, he also has a shop he works at during his off dealer hours, very cool guy, very knowledgeable, his user name here is skyhawk jr, send him a PM as I mentioned very nice guy, he can certainly take care of any volvo service great and small you may have. I have a friend who has a shop out in Deer Park LI, I actually go there if I have any fab work or major stuff to do, I can pretty much use the shop to my disposal, he does excellent work as well. not a volvo guy but overall excellent mechanic and fab, he likes the challenges.
Slowly I am finding Volvo guys in and around NYC and lower westchester I guess it's just a matter of somehow doing a GTG, might be small at first but it will certainly build once word gets out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts