SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from taking about every brochure they had in the place on every make and model. Volvo had a nice showing and this was my first time seeing the C70 in the flesh. They had two displayed one top up one top down and both were open to the public to sit and play with. First impression with the top up is that this is one sharp coupe...the lines are very gracious and purposeful. The tail a little long for my taste but understandable as it is hardtop Conv. Top down it looks almost as sexy as with the top up. Trunk space is huge with the top up but not as bad as I expected with the top down. Just wish I could slip my R drivetrain and engine into this car

The Kicker came when I went to look at the VW EOS...VW had one car there and a rep on hand to demonstrate the top for everyone...people were allowed to get in the car just like volvo but the WOW factor kicked in when the Rep would play with the top. I personally didn't think the EOS was as sharp in design as the Volvo, and a number of the people I was eavesdropping on agreed they seemed to like the VOLVO more, but the VW top is extremely trick especially with the pop-up sunroof panel that functions as a full sliding sunroof with the top up. Volvo has a good product in the C70 lets hope that VW doesn't beat them on a pricepoint/performace edge.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: NYC autoshow feedback (Johnnylaws60r)

Quote, originally posted by Johnnylaws60r »
<snip> Just wish I could slip my R drivetrain and engine into this car

AMEN http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Volvo - are you listening?

Modified by bschurr at 9:10 PM 4-18-2006

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: NYC autoshow feedback (Johnnylaws60r)

Quote, originally posted by Johnnylaws60r »
Volvo has a good product in the C70 lets hope that VW doesn't beat them on a pricepoint/performace edge.

3.2L 250 hp v6 3465 pounds
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/p...=1024

I would still take the C70 over the Eos. No space for the 1.5kids and the family dog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts