SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a dealer/salesperson recommendation in NYC area for OSD? Thinking of ordering the V60 and want to get some more info.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Does anyone have a dealer/salesperson recommendation in NYC area for OSD? Thinking of ordering the V60 and want to get some more info.

Thank you!
Mabel Peralta works at Prestige Volvo in East Hanover, New Jersey. She is excellent and has done an OSD herself. (973-884-2400) ([email protected])

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another thanks. Just in time too. After years of thinking about this, I was ready to pull the trigger on a 2020 V60 CC. Mabel facilitated an easy test drive (of the regular V60) and I placed the deposit for an early August delivery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My deal fell through. Placed a deposit May 6 and never got an order acceptance for our dates. Mabel was pleasant and reportedly did a lot to try to get it through.

I am not a patient person, so for my liking I had to chase for updates and then my refund a bit too much, thus I would probably use someone else when I try again next year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
My deal fell through. Placed a deposit May 6 and never got an order acceptance for our dates. Mabel was pleasant and reportedly did a lot to try to get it through.

I am not a patient person, so for my liking I had to chase for updates and then my refund a bit too much, thus I would probably use someone else when I try again next year.

Don’t know... sounds like she was doing something wrong if she had “to do a lot to try to get it through”. It took just over three weeks for my order to be completely approved, but process was quite straightforward. Did you get and e-sign the delivery package when you placed the order?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Patience is necessary for OSD. I did not get an acceptance until early February on an early December deposit for my July 1 OSD (with the flight and experience starting next week).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don’t know... sounds like she was doing something wrong if she had “to do a lot to try to get it through”. It took just over three weeks for my order to be completely approved, but process was quite straightforward. Did you get and e-sign the delivery package when you placed the order?
They charged my card before even getting the order in, and then I never got or e-signed any sort of a confirmation from Volvo, which really seems off from everything I am reading here.

·
Registered
226 Posts
They charged my card before even getting the order in, and then I never got or e-signed any sort of a confirmation from Volvo, which really seems off from everything I am reading here.

She was definitely doing something wrong if that’s the case. It’s a new ordering process this year and that might have had something to do with it. It seems as if Volvo didn’t provide enough training/guidance on the new process. You should try a different dealer if you’re still interested. My dealer placed the order and I received the email to e-sign the delivery package in a matter of minutes... like before I drove off the lot minutes. My dealer was then able to give me updates based on what the system was showing on their end, and basically a month after my order was placed I received the final confirmation package in the mail.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our delivery would at this point be just 60 days out (constrained due to kids schedules), so I believe we are out of luck. I am guessing what happened is she was trying to follow the old process, and by the time she figured out her mistake, the system was already not giving her an option for the delivery date we needed.

If I find a '19 V60 in bursting blue with the right specs, we might just go that route given that the regular V60 seems to be a 1 model year special at this point, and if not, we'll just wait until next spring and try OSD for next summer.

·
Registered
463 Posts

As i've said many times before, an OSD order is not something to trust to a rookie. Suggest that you place your order with Bob Kennedy in Charlotte, even if it means flying there to pick up your car. He'll take great care of you and you will be able to rest assured that your entire adventure will be seamless.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't Mess Around - Order OSD with Bob Kennedy at University Volvo in Charlotte

As i've said many times before, an OSD order is not something to trust to a rookie. Suggest that you place your order with Bob Kennedy in Charlotte, even if it means flying there to pick up your car. He'll take great care of you and you will be able to rest assured that your entire adventure will be seamless.
Full disclosure. I live on Long Island and tried very hard to place my OSD order through the local dealers. The 4 dealerships I visited either wanted to sell me a car off their lot, add hundreds of dollars of fees to the order or simply did not give me the "warm and fuzzy" feeling they'd get it right. So I reached out to Bob and after one phone call, I knew he was the guy!

I placed my order with Bob Kennedy at University Volvo in Charlotte! The order was processed correctly and my confirmation was received within a couple of weeks. I got the delivery date I requested which was very important because we had a very small travel window. I have to say the entire OSD process is amazing. Volvo treats you very well. The factory tour is great and the folks at the factory delivery center are very nice.

We took delivery of our car in Gothenburg at the end of April, the car arrived at University Volvo on June 5th. I finally met Bob on June 7th when my wife and I flew down to pick up the car. I can't say enough nice things about Bob. He is true gentleman!

While it was not ideal to fly down to Charlotte and then drive the car home, the peace of mind that came with knowing the order would be right was worth it for us. Plus, since Bob has been doing this for such a long time, he knows the executives in Volvo's Overseas Delivery group, so if there is an issue, he can have it resolved very quickly.

I'd highly recommend Bob Kennedy to anyone considering an OSD purchase.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We completed OSD in 2017 using William Marks from Volvo Walnut Creek, CA. We live in NJ and had the car delivered to Prestige Volvo in East Hanover. William has been completing OSD for years and knows the Volvo system very well. Others have recommended Bob Kennedy.

Many Volvo dealerships are not interested in working with you if you mention you want to do OSD. I'd advise reaching out to William Marks and see if your time frame can be accommodated. His website is http://www.flyvolvo.com/.

If you can swing it, the OSD program is amazing. Volvo really takes care of you during the process.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'd highly recommend Bob Kennedy to anyone considering an OSD purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yet another important consideration is that Bob Kennedy does not charge a dealer prep/doc fee on OSDs. It is my understanding that that is not the case with all dealers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts