SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updated 11/01/2015

Who: Open to all Volvo owners, friends and family.

What: Road rally & scavenger hunt finishing up with lunch

When: 11/7 - Saturday - Rain date 11/8 - Sunday. 10 AM start time.

Where: Start: Mathews Park, 295 West Ave, Norwalk, CT 06850. Route: 53 past Saugatuck Reservoir into Danbury. 37 to 39 past Candlewood Lake. 7 north along the Housatonic to Great Barrington, MA. Finish at Barrington Brewery & Restaurant 420 Stockbridge Rd #7, Great Barrington, MA 01230.

Everyone will get a photograph of their car as a participation prize.

Scavenger Hunt:

License Plates:

CT & MA- Number is year of production of your car
RI
ME
VT
NH
NY
NJ
Ontario
Quebec
CA
FL

And any others you find

Good vanity plates

Funny bumper stickers

Spot a RV stuck

Apple cider donuts

Sugar Pumpkin

Spot a Wild Turkey/Hawk/Deer.

Exotic bikes/sports cars

Largest speed differential of a car under the limit - before you pass them

Other volvos of any kind not participating

RSVP through the forum.

Tentatively Attending:

Scottishbrick

Hounddogger

R_Model

odumatt

OmarNYC-R

ckmack

JAM2

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Yeah, me too. Too much going on lately :(

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There will be more. Too much fun not to

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had ten rsvps for each event. 3-4 show up. How many months ahead of time does everyone need to actually show up

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I think this time of year is tough to do an event, what with all the holidays and goings on. Swedish Car Day announces their event and activities months in advance to get it on people's radars. I would think even putting a "feeler" out there as early as possible would help people prioritize the events.

Scoop...driving my PV in its current form would make for a loooooooong drive to CT, lol. After the new B20 goes in this coming Spring....different story. ;)

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nutmeg rally was announced a month ahead of its date and dreamed up a month and a half before.

You should put a B230FT in that pv544 then it would be a dream cruiser.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Scoop...driving my PV in its current form would make for a loooooooong drive to CT, lol. After the new B20 goes in this coming Spring....different story. ;)
Do it :cool:

My B18D runs great right now, but I am feeling tempted to shave the head and put a D cam in there and some richer needles :)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
While I agree, the B230FT mounts differently (angled) than the B18/20 engines (upright). That presents it's own issues and fabrication fun, lol

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While I agree, the B230FT mounts differently (angled) than the B18/20 engines (upright). That presents it's own issues and fabrication fun, lol
Well, nothing good ever came easy. Would be pretty cool if you could pull it off. Turbo FI slant 4 red block would be just close enough to feel at home under the hood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts