SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was annoyed by the gap around the edge of the OEM screen protector, and some people had recommended the Nushield, so I ordered one. What kind of fitment are people seeing? I haven't installed mine yet, but it is 3mm too small. Nushield customer service says it is cut to spec and have offered a refund, but want me to pay return shipping which would make it pointless.

Here are some pics with the protected pushed into one corner:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was annoyed by the gap around the edge of the OEM screen protector, and some people had recommended the Nushield, so I ordered one. What kind of fitment are people seeing? I haven't installed mine yet, but it is 3mm too small. Nushield customer service says it is cut to spec and have offered a refund, but want me to pay return shipping which would make it pointless.

Here are some pics with the protected pushed into one corner:

You can blame one of your fellow sweede speeders for this. Can't remember who it was but instead of tracing it out he sent them the incorrect measurement using a slide tool.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?231001-Screen-Protector/page3&highlight=Nusheild

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nushield is saying it is intentional and are refusing a refund unless I pay for return shipping which makes it pointless. I do not live in the US. I must say the customer service has been terrible. Maybe it is a one off, but I would caution everybody to think twice about giving them your money if you want a protector that completely fills the screen.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You can blame one of your fellow sweede speeders for this. Can't remember who it was but instead of tracing it out he sent them the incorrect measurement using a slide tool.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?231001-Screen-Protector/page3&highlight=Nusheild
That'd be me. And as the poster above me indicated, NuShield purposefully made the measurements smaller for "easier installation". I tried calling them out on it, but apparently other users (who also used my newly measured protector) didn't have any complaints so I couldn't ask for a refund. I've still kept mine because I genuinely don't notice 99% of the time, but I did wish they were more precise in the cutouts.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That'd be me. And as the poster above me indicated, NuShield purposefully made the measurements smaller for "easier installation". I tried calling them out on it, but apparently other users (who also used my newly measured protector) didn't have any complaints so I couldn't ask for a refund. I've still kept mine because I genuinely don't notice 99% of the time, but I did wish they were more precise in the cutouts.

I apologize for recommending them if that's what they are doing :facepalm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts