SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it's settled, next Sunday I'm going back.

I have some water and sodas, some $50 IPD gift certificates, free laps of the Ring as well as some other small prizes.

Meeting area will be on the grassy knoll, hopefully no mud this time.

I should be there by 0830, track is open 0800-1930.

Hope to see people there, Inga ships out next week, so I can't pull a Cher and keep coming back.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Nurburgring GTG 30 April 06 -- R Kelly's Farewell Tour ("R" Kelly)

Only Sunday?

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Nurburgring GTG 30 April 06 -- R Kelly's Farewell Tour (Johann)

Track only open 1730-1930 on Saturday...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm tempted..

Weather looks awesome so far, though its only tuesday so our luck may vary. I cant stay too long though since I have to pick up the g/f at the airport late afternoon

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (JCviggen)

Quote, originally posted by JCviggen »
I'm tempted..

Weather looks awesome so far, though its only tuesday so our luck may vary. I cant stay too long though since I have to pick up the g/f at the airport late afternoon

Maybe come the night before? The B&B Denny and Kevin stayed at was pretty cheap I think, in Leimbach, 10 minutes away.

Quote, originally posted by slowrey »
Where you going Kelly?

Panama City, FL

·
Registered
440 Posts
Re: ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

Maybe come the night before? The B&B Denny and Kevin stayed at was pretty cheap I think, in Leimbach, 10 minutes away.

Yeah, it was 25 Euro per night...clean beds and bathrooms. The breakfast included is really good and I've never experienced anything like that here in England.....

Even though the atmosphere is geared towards moto GP fans....they still love us Volvo guys coming through. And the dinners are really good there as well.

Kevin

--wish I could join ya Kelly, but to much planning in advance is needed for where I come from.....

·
Registered
10,097 Posts

I think I will be there on Sunday Kelly. Don't feel like visiting the Pizza..
Think I will take the white one.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
I think I will be there on Sunday Kelly. Don't feel like visiting the Pizza..
Think I will take the white one.

If it is a small enough group, we can eat at the Grun Holle...

I want a ride in SDII...

·
Registered
10,097 Posts

I want a ride in SDII...

If I take SDII you're on. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
247 Posts

Can't make it, but wish you all have a nice day and for Kelly hopefully a great last ride in Inga on the Ring before returning to home land.

Thanks again Kelly for all those nice years of GTG at the Ring.

On our last big Grillmeeting I wondered where the promised free Laps had been hiding... now I am glade that there was money left and that those laps will be used up in a great way... have fun all together.

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Nurburgring GTG 30 April 06 -- R Kelly's Farewell Tour (Bavaria R)

Quote, originally posted by Bavaria R »
On our last big Grillmeeting I wondered where the promised free Laps had been hiding... now I am glade that there was money left and that those laps will be used up in a great way... have fun all together.

Honestly, on Saturday when I remembered about them, it was after I had done the prize hand-out and everyone had already left to hit the track again. Then on Sunday, didn't have an opportunity prior to lunch.

But after all the bills were paid, I still had some funds left, so got some to give out Sunday.

And thank you Fernand for your generosity and support.

It looks like I have Road Atlanta (300 miles) and Sebring International Raceway (430 miles) as my best track options. Neither one looks that exciting compared to the ring, but it may be nice to see around the next corner for a change, and both look like they have a decent straight away to let the R wind out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think easier, safer tracks can be a lot of fun even when you're used to the Ring...there's room for error which makes for more relaxed (fast) driving

weather isnt looking too good for sunday so far tho

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re:

Sorry Kelly, 2 times in one 1 month is too much for me

Have to drive a lot of kilometers to get there, costs me a lot of money only on fuel. Once a month is max

End of mai is the next time 'am Ring'...a full weekend!

Have fun Sunday! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,097 Posts

Sorry Kelly but no SDII, will take the S60R.

SDII developed a radiator leak and because of Queensday tomorrow most of the relevant shops are closed today so no way to get a new radiaor in time..

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

It looks like I have Road Atlanta (300 miles) and Sebring International Raceway (430 miles) as my best track options.
You might change your mind when you drive this one, very fast and very tricky
The old configuration was downright scary

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
Sorry Kelly but no SDII, will take the S60R.

SDII developed a radiator leak and because of Queensday tomorrow most of the relevant shops are closed today so no way to get a new radiaor in time..

Well, there is more than 50% chance of light showers tomorrow, so R will probably do well.

I was just outside washing the car, and it got really cold. Then cloud comes up and right as I'm finishing, it starts raining. Kicker is, there was snow mixed in with the rain.

Now it is sunny again, and I'm gonna have spots...
Of course, it looks like another rain cloud is on its way.

·
Registered
284 Posts

Yeah...

Track has been soaking wet all day on the webcam. I'll check it out tomorrow morning...but if it stays like it is I wont make it over
I needed to head home early anyway and no point to spend a ton of money on fuel if i cant go on the track...temps are really low and it will dry out extremely slowly (if it does at all)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts