SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
481 - 500 of 695 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Very interested to see how this auction plays out. This is the first one to hit BaT that's even remotely comparable to mine and we're already at $25k.....
Hmmmm, me too.

That oil under the carriage is concerning and I see just through my crazy eyes at least $5K worth of cosmetic stuff that needs to be addressed.

Very curious to see where it ends up but extremely hard to find one owner examples these days.

·
Registered
17,390 Posts
Hmmmm, me too.

That oil under the oil carriage is concerning and I see just through my crazy eyes at least $5K worth of cosmetic stuff that needs to be addressed.

Very curious to see where it ends up but extremely hard to find one owner examples these days.
Yeah, bumpers and side skirts need paint, needs a wing, hood paint is pretty blasted, ECE lights.....

Good point on the oil; I missed that on my first look through the listing on my phone. Interesting that it isn't visible running down the engine anywhere, and the oil got wiped up prior to some of the pictures. Where's it coming from? Usually it's the other side that gets covered in oil.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Yeah, bumpers and side skirts need paint, needs a wing, hood paint is pretty blasted, ECE lights.....

Good point on the oil; I missed that on my first look through the listing on my phone. Interesting that it isn't visible running down the engine anywhere, and the oil got wiped up prior to some of the pictures. Where's it coming from? Usually it's the other side that gets covered in oil.
Looks to me like the bumpers have already been painted. Check out the rock chips on the hood and none on the front bumper, dead give away. The rear trim ring is missing on the rear door inside. They picked the car up in the wrong places with the lift. That oil leak is major, but hard to know where it's coming from. It's on the wrong side of the cradle. Overall nice car, but work is on the way from what I can see.

·
Registered
17,390 Posts
Looks to me like the bumpers have already been painted. Check out the rock chips on the hood and none on the front bumper, dead give away. The rear trim ring is missing on the rear door inside. They picked the car up in the wrong places with the lift. That oil leak is major, but hard to know where it's coming from. It's on the wrong side of the cradle. Overall nice car, but work is on the way from what I can see.
Yeah I noticed that too with the lift. Annoying how almost everyone does that.

Every time I open the listing I see something else lol. Surprised nobody has mentioned the missing bumper grill yet.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
2006 S60R Black/Nord 112k - $4,500

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
17,881 Posts
It's pretty nice overall for being in one person's ownership though. Under hood and inside it's sharp.
That oil leak (ouff) and do I see... overspray? How many times has it had paintwork?
I have a feeling I know who's hit it hard right out of the gate... There could be a flash wagon in the ownership too. ;)
Yeah I noticed that too with the lift. Annoying how almost everyone does that.

Every time I open the listing I see something else lol. Surprised nobody has mentioned the missing bumper grill yet.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
2,822 Posts
More night pictures lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
Great points Cj.

All of that would of been minor stuff if the car had lower miles or if it was a factory manual but buying this thing for north of $25K and spending another $5-$10K on it seems a bit silly........and that coming from the nut job himself in here :)

PS: Someone educate me where to lift these cars. I always try to lift them from the subframe but I am not sure if thats the right spot either.

·
Registered
686 Posts
PS: Someone educate me where to lift these cars. I always try to lift them from the subframe but I am not sure if that's the right spot either.
This is what the 850 manual shows that I have. Doesn't seem right because there is a post on the sides where the jack fits.

Triangle Line Font Parallel Circle

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Hmmm.
First owner was all dealer work, second owner not so much

Another '09 S60 2.5t awd w/ abl, talos, backup assist, etc, but this time Blue over Tan, I do like it, don't know about $9k though

https://www.autotrader.com

Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Car

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
PS: Someone educate me where to lift these cars. I always try to lift them from the subframe but I am not sure if thats the right spot either.
There are arrows on the rocker panels that point to where they're to be picked up. Strangely enough they are to be picked up on the body pinch welts. While this seems like they would fold like a bad poker player they are in reality very strong.

That photo shows different points for the lift, but I've been under my car for an hour and I don't see a frame rail. I'm going to continue to use what I know works without bending the xxxx out of the floor.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
2006 S60R Black/Nord 112k - $4,500

View attachment 139523
Must be desperate to sell if they stood out in the rain or snow to take those crap pics lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,549 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure why this car got on BAT. It isn't particularly clean nor does it have great history.
Zero affinity with the car or owner. i DO recall 'moosetech1' who has been tagged as the mechanic the current texas owner had do recent work. Rich/Moosetech1 was a big part of the early c30crew on line community and volvo master tech. Stand up work and gent.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Zero affinity with the car or owner. i DO recall 'moosetech1' who has been tagged as the mechanic the current texas owner had do recent work. Moosetech1 was a big part of the early c30crew on line community. Stand up work and gent.
I didn’t mean maintenance as I don’t know that part of it. Just high ownership count along with a generally lackluster CarFax. Not a big deal but on a site like BAT, stuff like that usually matters a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

481 - 500 of 695 Posts