SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
461 - 480 of 695 Posts

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
2,822 Posts
Could be water (or very watery diarrhea damage :sick: ), but that looks suspiciously like a runaway seat heater incident 🔥🥵
Or both

Reactions: Bearclaw

·
Registered
2,822 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Night time photos make a car an automatic pass. There’s no other reason to sell a 140k car for $1500 in this market other than to offload expensive problems on someone else. Unfortunately, it’s sold and someone is about to learn this lesson. DON’T LET IT BE YOU!
That's definitely the first rule.
The next one is photoshoots in the rain, in the same way that the common advice is, don't go to look at a car in the rain if it can be avoided. What are they hiding?
The third one, at least for me, is a dirty interior/ bad interior pics / no interior pics.
Especially when they try to tell you how great the interior is. I figure, this isn't only about the interior.
If they don't care about the cosmetics, how much did they care about repair and maintenance?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dunno why this unit hasn't sold yet. SilverStreak....whaddaya think as to why? ;)

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Dunno why this unit hasn't sold yet. SilverStreak....whaddaya think why? ;)

If I recall correctly from the original ad, they bought this and then within weeks suddenly didn't need the car and have been trying to sell it for a while.

I'd guess they are trying to flip it, or found something going on.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Dunno why this unit hasn't sold yet. SilverStreak....whaddaya think as to why? ;)

What Spiked said, or they really aren’t attracting buyers because the pictures are terrible. They should wash the car, go out in a park or something close to sunset, and take proper pictures. Then, they’ll see interest spike.

Reactions: Bearclaw

·
Registered
2,089 Posts

·
Registered
125k 2007 Volvo V70R- SOLD, 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo
201 Posts
what was it? gone...
An extremely clean cherry red 240, 1990, he switched it to carburetors for some reason, the thing was spotless, including engine bay, all for 3500 bucks in denver

• Wow
Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
125k 2007 Volvo V70R- SOLD, 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo
201 Posts
I want a clean 242 sooooo bad, this just hurts…

·
Registered
27 Posts
aren’t attracting buyers because the pictures are terrible.
Heres the vin from the autotrader ad if anyone is interested enough to run the report

YV4902NL5F1209031

same ****ty pics (which seem strangely downtown for a west van address)

I was going to say it seems a little steep but then i saw the price of 2012-2015.5 equivalent, and all the others are eastern provinces....

·
Registered
283 Posts
2002 V70 T5M 142k miles, $3500, Florida...with Swedish Flags :)
(may have to join group to see)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 ·
I used to live in NE Tacoma, my kids drove to high school across the Tideflats, and I'll just say, foreign objects in tires were not at all uncommon 😕 She might want to change her route somewhat, if possible.
Looks like I have to do the same. This is the 4th drywall/roofing screw/nail I've gotten this year in our various cars. These rich-arse mofo neighbors keep remodeling their homes/adding ADUs (thereby driving up real estate prices to INSANE levels relative to neighboring cities, but that's a whole 'nother story.) Its like they say, the poor just gets poorer constantly patching their crap tires, and the rich just gets richer.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
2002 V70 T5M 142k miles, $3500, Florida...with Swedish Flags :)
(may have to join group to see)
Yeah, I saw that this morning, I'd be on it if I wasn't cross country!

461 - 480 of 695 Posts