SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

761 - 780 of 959 Posts

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,729 Posts
Well to get what I want which is unlimited torque and cheaply then it’s going to be a RAV4 or Corolla. The 2021 Camry also applies but that involved buying a new Camry.
Didn’t you know the easiest and cheapest way to get unlimited torque especially in lower gears is to get an ‘04 GT R??

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

Magnus, are these the wheels you like?

2009 XC90 V8 RD? White/Tan ???k - $Auction
https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/38098747?RowNumber=25

Indeed. I posted this car a day or two ago because a search of the vin brings up a for sale post at a dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not an R design, I'm pretty sure they only came with the black/white interiors, along with the sport steering wheel and blue gauges. Good engine donor though!
Not an R-Design, but an Executive. Rear heated seats, front heated/ventilated/massage seats. This one is missing the wood grain steering wheel -- moot point since the air bag deployed. I wonder how hard it would be to swap the interior into another 2009-2011 XC90? Would it be a straight swap, or could it use a different harness and require some work with VIDA? All the controls are on the seats, so I think they'd only just need power.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Not an R design, I'm pretty sure they only came with the black/white interiors, along with the sport steering wheel and blue gauges. Good engine donor though!
Not an R-Design, but an Executive. Rear heated seats, front heated/ventilated/massage seats. This one is missing the wood grain steering wheel -- moot point since the air bag deployed. I wonder how hard it would be to swap the interior into another 2009-2011 XC90? Would it be a straight swap, or could it use a different harness and require some work with VIDA? All the controls are on the seats, so I think they'd only just need power.
That makes more sense.

The massage/ventilation controls are on the seats? I guess it makes sense since there’s no room where the rest of the switches are since it has BLIS, ABLs, and whatever else.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
At least on the 2009, the controls are on the seats --behind the memory buttons.
Yup, that would make sense! Didn't notice... I posted that last one from my phone and didn't want to cancel out the post to check the link.

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
Well to get what I want which is unlimited torque and cheaply then it’s going to be a RAV4 or Corolla. The 2021 Camry also applies but that involved buying a new Camry.
I haven't driven a Corolla but I know the RAV4 is abysmal.....so I guess I would get the Corolla of those two because at least there is some hope it doesn't absolutely suck. Helped one of my friends buy a 2000 V70 GLT today.....he's been mostly driving the family CR-V until now and RAV4s came up. He's like "dude the RAV4 is terrible." When someone who thinks a CR-V is a "good car" thinks a car is terrible, you know it's bad.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The new appearance has thrown me for a loop...can't even post a link I'm so shocked!

But I can say a Rav4 is terrible...

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,729 Posts
2007 XC90 V8 RD, Passion/Black, 125k mi, $7.2k USD
Very clean, nice combo, although might be flashy for some. Absolutely fully loaded from what I can see. Z, this would complement the R perfectly!

·
Registered
454 Posts
The new appearance has thrown me for a loop...can't even post a link I'm so shocked!
Looks like it went to the same format as my BMW K-Bike forums.

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
Good luck on that. Its a major PIA to get seats to swap. Even the most minute detail makes it almost impossible.
Trying to swap 05 Nordcap seats into my 05 S60T5 ... wont work. Why ? T5 has passenger sensor in the seat, the Nordcap doesnt...

Its simple dumb stuff like that, that makes it more and more impossible to get simple things to work now.

·
Registered
15,926 Posts

I'm adjusting more quickly than I expected....however I dislike that everyone's signature seems to be limited to two lines. That is not an improvement. Gotta experiment a bit and see if any useful new features were added.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

Not a fan so far. I think I shall adapt.

RAV4s are indeed terrible. They are good at being boring. I drove a friends brand new 2020 RAV4 with the Hybrid system and the best thing it was able to do was bore you. If the A to B phrase was a car it would be any Toyota Hybrid.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Straight swap with VIDA iirc. Same thing with S80s. Consult with Itwontstopsnowin' on here. He's done the swap on his 2007 XC90 V8 and 2008 S80 V8.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
761 - 780 of 959 Posts