·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,551 Posts
Where is it?
Mounted on the passenger side, somewhere inside the big air intake - you need to take the black cover off the base of the windshield. I’m pretty sure it’s the only thing in there, so with a bit of poking around, shouldn’t be too hard to find

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Never knew this was the name of the color!
I've been calling it Maya Gold but that was on the s40/v40!
https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/paint_colour_codes.shtml
It certainly looks clean. We've got one nearby us, and I used to see another super clean one. Must be more rare than flash green.
Huh, I guess it is Maya Yellow... I thought it was Maya Gold too. I saw this particular car listed on Facebook and assumed they were wrong!

Cool color though, I've always liked it. Saw one in the junkyard a few months back.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wayne T5 and I helped sell one of those 05 T5Ms about a month or two ago to a forum member. It was the same spec as the one I posted.

Thinking about expanding that number soon if all works out. ;)
I had one of the others until a drunk driver decided to plow into it and my S60 R. Except for heated seats and a third row seat it was completely base spec.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had one of the others until a drunk driver decided to plow into it and my S60 R. Except for heated seats and a third row seat it was completely base spec.
I was gonna bring this up, but I'm still salty about it lol

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Wow! That's terrible. I take it they were parked next to one another and they hit both? Did they have insurance, or pay up for them?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Did they make any 300,000 and/or 400,000 ones? Needed the former a while ago, and will (hopefully!) need the latter in the future haha
Yep, up to 1M, I believe. Not sure about Canada, but here's the details for the "replacement" program in the United States, the Volvo Heritage Club.

http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9333/~/volvo-heritage-club

As an alternative, I got one of these shirts as a gift.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLVO-HIGH...991139?hash=item3b311c0823:g:4rYAAOSwMdZbfYbg

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was gonna bring this up, but I'm still salty about it lol
I'm still kinda salty about it, but at the same time the car had lived a rough life before I got it. It needed a lot of work to make it perfect.

Wow! That's terrible. I take it they were parked next to one another and they hit both? Did they have insurance, or pay up for them?
It's a little hard to explain. They were both parked at my work with about 30ft between them. There's a residential road that was inline with them, but it ends about 60ft before where my R was. By our estimates the guy had to have been going about 70mph down the residential road, and just continued onto the grass. My R was 100% totaled, and the V70 got a pretty good knock to the right quarter. Thankfully the guy had insurance, so I got a decent payout on my R. The V70 was still titled under my employers while I was doing the mechanical repairs it needed, so they got the payout on that. They paid me back for what I was into it so I guess no real harm done there.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
A few years ago they were popping up all over. IIRC, we found at least one in T5M trim.
Yup, I remember seeing one of those at some point. Don’t remember if it was on here or elsewhere though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
C30 T5M...Rebuilt title and needs a head gasket for “only” $4950....:rolleyes:...what is with everyone selling these thinking they have a Ferrari? I mean, is that a fair price?

https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/orrington-2008-volvo-c30-t5/7233776744.html

Good amount of damage but no airbags went off. As long as they fixed it right then its a good deal considering what a clean title one with the same miles goes for.

Also since its been totaled they have driven it 11k miles. I think its safe to say that it was done right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This was a sweet one. Contacted the dealer Monday evening when it first came in, they said they'd get back to me Thursday once it had been cleaned and inspected. Heard back today that it sold this morning. I learned a valuable lesson that patience is BS! Ah well, at $11k, they were above what I thought a V8 Executive is worth (they had it listed as a V8 R-Design). It also had a killer roof rack that has subsequently been removed.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=568678331&clickType=myATCsavedcar

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
621 - 640 of 868 Posts