SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 957 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Volvo S60R, 2005 Volvo XC90, 2015.5 Volvo XC60, 1997 Volvo 850R Sedan
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Definitely. So many kids are being robbed of their childhoods nowadays, especially with this going on now.
I remember my first Halloween — I went out with my parents (and I think maybe my grandparents too), dressed as either Winnie the Pooh or Eeyore (can’t remember which lol). It was drizzling - not too hard, but the ground was wet and the leaves were still on their way down. It was misty.
I vividly remember an extremely yellow, very large crescent moon that night, although I couldn’t have been more than three or four years old.
It was a very exciting novel event to go out at night and get candy from strangers! Lol. I carried a small plastic pumpkin bucket, with my dad right behind me, carrying a cloth bag to which I transferred my “overflow”.
Groups of other kids and their parents walked across the streets, no longer paying heed to where the sidewalk ended and where the road began - those nights, the road belonged to pedestrians more than it belonged to cars. It was something else.

These memories you make when you’re little stay with you forever. Hopefully today’s kids make some great ones too, despite everything going on today.
Wow! I definitely need to look back and see if I can find my first Halloween, Surprisingly all of my memories before age 11 are gone minus a handful. It's like uncovering a past I never knew! My memory is very good, That's why I don't know why it vanished. I hope the little ones can feel some of the joy!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
sorry, I can't bring myself to emoji, but for future reference, all things 3n should be taken with a grain of salt. or ignored completely.
except of course posts regarding tonyc, which are unapologetic full frontal assaults!! oh yeah and then there's the unabashed sycophantic praises for all things Jared. Can the boy wonder do wrong? well maybe the trick or treat thing above but all is forgiven, this 'election in times of covid' has pushed us all to our limits. (kudos to he/she who gets the literary reference.)
LOL. Time to do my research! Just messing, As the months go by, it's interesting to see where everything has gone!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
LOL. Time to do my research! Just messing, As the months go by, it's interesting to see where everything has gone!
I fear I misinterpreted and am about to be shot. RIP

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
except of course posts regarding tonyc, which are unapologetic full frontal assaults!! oh yeah and then there's the unabashed sycophantic praises for all things Jared. Can the boy wonder do wrong? well maybe the trick or treat thing above but all is forgiven, this 'election in times of covid' has pushed us all to our limits. (kudos to he/she who gets the literary reference.)
More powerful than Don, I single handedly canceled Halloween2020 by taking the fam (in the POS SPA that apparently also needs front rotors ) to Joshua Tree for climbing and biking. Saved $ on costumes, no one ate candy. Felt good, would do it again after waiting 9 years to kill Halloween only to have Covid finally let me do it with impunity. Thanks covid.

Cholera sounds easier than Covid19. TBH.

·
Registered
925 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
15,484 Posts
Are you telling me I just got the thread? No way!
I was busy crunching numbers on material properties for longleaf yellow pine vs. aluminum last night so you win lol. Bonus points to anyone who can figure out what I'm doing. ScottishBrick is not eligible for this sweepstakes.

sorry, I can't bring myself to emoji, but for future reference, all things 3n should be taken with a grain of salt. or ignored completely.
Lol well I can put 2/3 of the blame on my parents but it was a unanimous decision. It was about a 50/50 split on being open vs closed in the neighborhood.

More powerful than Don, I single handedly canceled Halloween2020 by taking the fam (in the POS SPA that apparently also needs front rotors ) to Joshua Tree for climbing and biking. Saved $ on costumes, no one ate candy. Felt good, would do it again after waiting 9 years to kill Halloween only to have Covid finally let me do it with impunity. Thanks covid.
NICE. Simultaneously upgrading your health and experiences 📈📈📈📈

Cholera sounds easier than Covid19. TBH.
tonyc, not just a family man but a literary buff as well. hats off and well done!!!
'love in the time of cholera' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
I gotta read that soon. 100 Years of Solitude was the first book I read after my recovery from college reached the point where I could enjoy recreational reading again. Only took starting over three times for it to make any sense but man once you get it...........

Whoops LOL
Apparently I was tired last night
Yeah that's a Nedcar

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I was busy crunching numbers on material properties for longleaf yellow pine vs. aluminum last night. Bonus points to anyone who can figure out what I'm doing.
too easy J. deciding the material for your roll cage!!!

I lean in favor of the pine. that way your have some fire wood when your racing days are over.

I gotta read that soon. 100 Years of Solitude was the first book I read after my recovery from college reached the point where I could enjoy recreational reading again. Only took starting over three times for it to make any sense but man once you get it...........
whoa, the scholars are comin' outta the woodwork, errrr yellow pine that is.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I was busy crunching numbers on material properties for longleaf yellow pine vs. aluminum last night so you win lol. Bonus points to anyone who can figure out what I'm doing.
Based on the information available, I’d say you are buying and/or designing a mast.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
"A VOLVO?! No," sorry RSJ

was never a big fan of T-birds of this iteration but different wheels make you look at the car in a whole new light. to be sure, I am not condoning this particular wheel 'mis'-treatment but something a bit more era appropriate and that would be smashing! unfortunately most of these came with the dreaded vinyl roofs.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/408490043877966

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
moving my response to the present. I'm pretty sure October ended with halloween.

not sure if you're gettin the news down there on the Double H ranch but we have now entered an era where no one gets voted out of office (think Lukashenko).
by the time they put me in the oven (cremation) old Luka and Putin,Xi and our buddy Kim, Assad, Erdogan, Orban and Castro will all still be ruling with that velvet gloved fist. Castro died? well at least thats one down.

maybe by then Mr. T will have passed on too and we will all be in the loving care of Donny Jr.
But look on the bright side, no more hated political commercials or plastic lawn signs (or awkward thanksgivings)!! and all that money saved from wasteful campaigning means we all get a new tent every other year for out little plots in Tent City, USA.

patience folks, my 2021 New Years resolution is to work on my 'sarcasm to volvo to other' posting ratio.
just trying to keep my (sick) humor up so I don't start crying.

might as well get a jump on that resolution.
Volvo OEM Trailer Hitch 2” 850 S70 V70 C70 - $250 (mountain view)
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/d/mountain-view-volvo-oem-trailer-hitch/7223505003.html

21 - 40 of 957 Posts